Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 04-13-2004, 11:48 AM   #121
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Re: test ride! :)

Amen.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #122
W650Steve
Founding Member

Default Re: It's all Bush's fault. The buck stops at his desk

Why don't you take your lunatic opinions somewhere else, dumbass? This is a motorcycle forum.
W650Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:19 PM   #123
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Long term reliability of Buell lightning?

There are still '03s around.

Too bad they dropped it. It is a nice alternative to the boring V-twins of the liter class and below. It'll smoke any of the 1100 Shadows or Stars.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #124
seruzawa
The Toad

She won't let me look in the bag. It's probably just as well.

The new bike will depend on the state of the exchequer next year. 11K for a Falco will be pushing it. The Speed Triple is more likely.

Unless the Harley market finally tanks! Used FXWGs for a song! Woohoo!

Whatever I get probably won't be Japanese. I've already got 4.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:44 PM   #125
zorak
Founding Member

Default Re: test ride! :)

I too would rather have the Speed Four than the 599. Better suspenders and 10x the cool points!
zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:49 PM   #126
zorak
Founding Member

I've got our cars with State Farm and my agent tells me it's strictly displacement based.

So a 1200cc sportster costs more for me to insure than an R1.

No perks for MSF or factory anti-theft devices like the new Ducatis have.

I'm married & in my 30s and an R6 will cost me about $400/yr full coverage, while an R1 would be about $700/yr. Not bad, IMO.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:02 PM   #127
zorak
Founding Member

Definitely keep in mind the extra cost of Ducati routine maint, and short valve-adj intervals compared to everything else out there.

The Buell doesn't have valve adjustments but the dealer will still try to screw you on maint costs. When buying a new one, they try to sell you a 60k service plan (10 6k services) for $1500+ USD. Here's the kicker - my local Buell dealer wants about $300 for a normal 6k svc if you don't have the contract. What a bunch of crap. Either you give us $1500+ now and ride the bike for 60k miles (most folks don't) or give us $300 every 6k miles to do an oil change and check some bolts for tightness. There's no chain or valves to fuss with so wtf are they charging you for?

In short, I think the worst thing about Buell is having to deal with slimy H-D salesmen, then overpriced H-D service departments.

If you want something non-mainstream with less BS, I'd go for a Triumph, or maybe a Duc if you don't mind big bills for maint and (god forbid) parts.

Good luck!
Old 04-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #129
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Why do assume I am a liberal? Think about ?

Oh, you are a liberal alright. Sorry dude you can label yourself anything you want but your blind attach on Bush gives you away. BTW- too much money returned to the so called rich? I am along way from rich and yet I got some of my money back. Wanna be fair, oh really? Let's try this, every year take the funds necessary to run the country and divide it by every adult with the ability to work. Then let everyone pay an equal amount. That's fair isn't it? Right now the so called rich guy has to pay for several others that have no ambition, and liberals like you go crying when someone who has overpaid get a little back. Well whatÂ’s fair??? Can you answer that with a logical mind?