Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 08-04-2003, 05:23 PM   #41
GregP
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell VS Other Sport Bike Real World Experiences

Did you check out the gas mileage between the two? Buell wins by about a factor of 2
GregP is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2003, 05:25 PM   #42
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default You are correct

Why create bikes that operate optimally outside the limit of the roads that they are licensed for. I owned and road a very smooth yamaha 1300 Venture Royal for years and then I got my Harley in 97'. I thought I had made a mistake for the first couple of days and then it grew on me. The idle vibration was the thing that took getting used to, but now I don't even notice it. I'm sure Buells are the same way to the uninitiated. Until you get used to it you would not like it. Once you understand the bike I'm sure you would get very attached to the shake rattle and roll of the Buell.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 05:28 PM   #43
GregP
Founding Member

I agree!!!! We need more real street riding tests and comparo's. And throw in the Honda VTR, and the Suzuki SV series, just to answer all the questions. And maybe start looking at maintence costs, the way MCN (motorcycle consumer news) does it.
GregP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:18 PM   #44
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Have fun in Sturgis, drop in on Buz and longride.

That would be great to read bout your impressions. Maybe if you took some photos you could send into MO to put on the site. Sometimes the best articles come from non journalist. i.e. you see things that the journalists don't.

Have fun in Sturgis say Hi to Buz and longshorts (longride) I'm sure they will be cruising looking for big mamas (DDs) for Buzglyd to take back to the RV (with his trailer for his Harley). He has some fetish about his mama. Longride will be looking for some sportbike squid kid to pick on. My brother-in-law will be there on his old Triumph

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:21 PM   #45
KPaulCook
Banned

From the exchange rate I think he is a Canadian.

Old 08-04-2003, 06:27 PM   #46
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: More New Info on Power and Reliability

Only for another year or so. Remember the Clinton strategy on Bush 1 "It's the econmony stupid" Meaning people vote with their pocket books.

Here in WA state folks are not about to give the guy another 4 years. Here in WA state the big issue is too many high tech jobs (Boeing and Microsoft) going overseas and corporate greed CEOs getting paid way too much compared to their average employee. WA state umemployment I think is the highest in the Nation. now.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:32 PM   #47
KPaulCook
Banned

Great post How many years have you been riding? It sounds like at least 10 years. Also how big are you? When I sat on the Firebolt in the dealership it seemed like a bike made for a guy 5' 9" and 150 (Burns) not 6' and 200 like myself. How did the tranny compare?
Old 08-04-2003, 08:02 PM   #48
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:really

Yeah, we used to have nice trees too, before weyerhouser (" the tree growing company") sold all the raw logs to China, who turned them into cheap furniture for unemployed loggers.

Of course Clinton and NAFTA helped ship all the other heavy industry out of WA. so what else is new?

I guess we can make a living running B.C. bud to Cali.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 09:46 PM   #49
orangeokie
Founding Member

" . . Most of this style of riding at high speeds must be done on tracks. If this is the case then why sell high rpm, peak hp machines for the road when lower rpm, high torque bikes are so much better suited for the highway? . . ."

There is a bit of "poseur" in all motorcyclists. You see the race bikes on TV or at the track, and you fancy yourself as a Ricky Racer on your street legal race bike. I would venture a guess that there are very few street riders on the ultra high performance street bikes who are capable of safely approaching the limits of their steeds. The steady rise in insurance premium for these bikes is an indicator that too many of them are ending up in the junk yard and their riders either seriously injured or dead. Male testosterone is a good thing, but it has it's consequences as well.

What attracts me to the XBR is the styling, ergos, frame technology, maintenance free belt drive, and the low RPM torque . . . ie. the "streetability" of the power delivery. But my testoterone levels have been on the decline for a few years now (lol).
orangeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 03:05 AM   #50
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Have fun in Sturgis, drop in on Buz and longride.

At least your brother in law is cool. I had old Triumphs too. But they were NEW then. I'm sure him and me could find some sportbike guys to harass. By the way, I have never been to Sturgis, nor am I planning to go. So much for stereotypes eh? Gotta go polish my Nazi helmet now, and go find some young folks to terrorize.