Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 02-21-2003, 01:25 PM   #1
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey MO! Try this....

Bah. I can do that.

Hey, don't roll your eyes at me!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #2
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default That was simply far too cool!

Keep this stuff comin'! It is the moral obligation of all MOrons to share the wealth when they find anything this freaking kewl!

Craig Jones is an animal! So JB, can you do that on your beloved Buell?
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 03:27 PM   #3
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default English Translation by Google

225 meters, new record of the world of ' stoppie' is a new record of the impennata world of on the front wheel, the so-called ' stoppie '. The recordman it is Craig Jones that, in saddleback to the new Buell XB9S Lighting, has covered on the single front wheel very 225 meters, exceeding of overhong the previous record of 163 meters. Craig Jones, 3ênne English, ' Stunt Riding Champion' in load, have obtained the new record on one private track in Florida, under the eyes of one giuria independent and of the technicians of the Buell. For having a parameter of reference of the new record, officially recognized from the ' Guinnes Book of Records ', pack-saddles to think that it is equivalent to approximately the double quantity of the length of a soccer field. The motion used for the test has not been object of a particular preparation, be a matter itself of a Buell XB9S Lighting of series to which it has been simply increased to the pressure of the front rubber. Craig Jones is a ' extreme rider' professional and carries out its performances in exclusive right for Buell American Motorcycles and Harley Davidson. In order to see the video of its record clicca here. Greater information on Craig Jones in its situated official http://www.craigjones.com Greater information on Buell XB9S Lightning in our test on road Information on the record:

Motorcycle: Buell XB9S Lightning

Tires: Dunlop D207

Speed before the refrained one: 191,5 km/h Place of the test: Florida

Previous Record: 163 meters

New record: 225 meters
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 05:32 PM   #4
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default What can I say?

That says it all.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 05:43 PM   #5
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default They lost my text, honest

I said: That says it all.

Seems to me the wheelie record depends on how fast you're going when you hit the brake and how high your CG is (faster and higher the better). He'd do better on a faster Buell (or whatever).

I forgot to mention really glitch-free brakes, guts and skill.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 07:04 PM   #6
Chango
Founding Member

Default A better translation... Maybe

A new World Recod has been set for "stoppies." Craig Jones is the new record holder who rode his Buell XB9S Lightning on only one wheel for a distance of 225 meters (just over 738 feet), beating the crap out of the old record of 163 meters (534 feet).

Craig Jones, a 34-year-old Englishman, a "Stunt Riding Champion," has acheived this new record, which was confirmed by a private judge as well as a Buell technician, on a private track in Florida.

In case you're wondering, that distance, which has been recognized by the Guinnes Book of Records, is nearly the length of two and a half football. (I mean the dumb US game, not soccer.)

The bike used was a stock Buell XB9S Lightning with increased pressure in the front tire.

Craig Jones is an "extreme riding professional" that does his work exclusively for Buell American Motorcycles and Harley-Davidson.

I'm not completely certain about the greatness of this translation, but it's closer then the Google one. If there are words incorrectly translated I'm sorry. I only speak English and Spanish, not Italian...

"Remember, it's always easier to do things the hard way."
Chango
Old 02-22-2003, 04:34 AM   #7
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Now that guy can ride!!!

I love it. What a flat out maniac. Did you all notice this guy feels he is so good that he wears an open face helmet and not a full coverage. And he does it on a Buell. That ought to sell a few bikes I would think. I really think that XB9S is quite the bike. Can't wait to demo one. I've ridden the XB9R and it is plenty powerful for me but I think the S would fit my 6'1" better.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 06:39 AM   #8
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Where is Mr ALL CAPS when you need him?
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 08:43 AM   #9
kawazuki
Founding Member

Damn that's cool. And on a streetbike! Most of the guys I know who do amazing wheelie / stoppie type stuff use Motards for the weight reduction. Then again, if you have to hit 120 mph before you start your stoppie, maybe you just need a bigger motor than that to get up there...

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #10
bigjames
Premium Member

DAMN!

My E-GLide won't do that!

Come to think of it, I won't (can't) either.

That guy must have balls the size of grapefruit. The laughing in between runs is priceless!

Definetly would go over well on Main Street next week....
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote