Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 07-29-2002, 08:10 PM   #11
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: New for 2003 Buell Stuff

Well I like it even more than the firebolt. My only problem is that I use my bike for transportation. I need saddlebags or a place to hang them more than a place to keep my soap. I do think that the ergonomics look better for my type of riding. Does anyone know if anyone is going to design saddlebags for it?

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2002, 08:16 PM   #12
KPaulCook
Banned

I think I saw a rumor on another site that Buell is developing a sport tourer based on the XB to replace the Thunderbolt ST3. Complete with hardbags.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 08:37 PM   #13
greatoldbikes
Founding Member

Dude, I can appreciate the utility of saddlebags. But this bike is for playtime and draggin knees. Put saddlebags on a CB750 Nighthawk (I did). I'll wave when I pass you.

GOB
Old 07-29-2002, 09:31 PM   #14
Mikey
Registered Member

I think you have a better chance of grafting on the tail section from the 'Bolt and taking advatage of it's much larger rear seating area.

Mike

Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:09 AM   #15
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

I agree it looks custom-designed to result in a lawsuit the first time somebody does that and ends up getting rear-ended. Never mind it would take some stupidity on the part of the operator (other lawsuits have demonstrated that is totally irrelevant).
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:41 AM   #16
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default I hate this look

But if no one hates something, then its usually so bland that no one loves it either.

Buell has definately decided to go their own way stylistly and I applaud them for it. Too bad I don't like the route they've chosen.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 02:44 AM   #17
robb_millett
Registered Member

The front end is a bit easier on my eyes than the fairing on the front of the Firebolt (which looks as though they'd forgotten the supports and the thing's just gonna waggle around over every bump), but the first word outta my mouth when I looked at the pic of the tail was, "weird!"...Then again, that's Buell for ya.

I found the 9R to be much more attractive in person, than in pictures, so I'll reserve my judgement (a bit) until I have seen the 9S up close.

robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:07 AM   #18
Grover
Founding Member

I think the "parcel shelf" will be the first thing to get thrown in the neighbors pool when people get the bike home. Hopefully, that was Buell's thinking as well and there's a sweet, non-homologation replacement piece that bolts on in about 2 minutes and tucks those turn signals and the license plate up under the seat where they belong.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:35 AM   #19
BritRider
Founding Member

So there I was in the new local Harley dealership and I spotted the Firebolt and mosied on over to check it out. I agree it looks more impressive in person, but I'm bothered by something and wonder if it is significant or not. The bazooka canister they call an exhaust terminates an inch or two in front of the rear tire, with the actual exhaust pipe emptying right in front of the tire. Wouldn't that subject the tire to unnecessary heat? Tires can get overcooked and lose their capabiliities. Hey MO, when you had the firebolt what did you experience? Any other owners out there care to weigh in?
BritRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 04:05 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

This one looks like something I would give a test ride. The 9R I never even bothered to sit on as it just wouldn't fit me. If I actually bought one of these I would need a case of Preparation H to shrink that hemorrhoid on the back end. Whoever designed that thing needs to be lashed with a wet noodle and put in a room with KPaul for a week. That should cure him. JK KPaul! Better design overall for the target market.