Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > BMW

Old 11-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
390beretta
Registered Member

Default New/old rider

Hi everyone,

I'm 65 and from 16-53 years old, always had a bike. My wife and I (she's younger than I and doesn't let me forget it, thank God) had never ridden before, but two or so years ago, I bought her a Kawasaki 250 Super Sherpa, and I bought a DRZ 400. We've spent a couple years on these small dual sports, riding is some fantastic places. This past 6 months in Moab, UT and the previous two in Buffalo, WY in the Big Horns. This has been an eye opening experience for both of us. This was my wife's first bike. All of my former bikes were pavement oriented, the last a BMW R-100RS. We've come to the conclusion that neither of us is willing to attempt the steep learning curve that is necessary to become proficient at serious dual sporting, given the risk of serious injury that it entails. So, we sold both our bikes and are now in the market for more pavement-oriented bike...all pavement actually, so that we can drive the long day trips to get to some of the beautiful places we find ourselve withing 2-300 miles and back. She's settled on the Kawasaki, Versys as it just "fits" her. I'm looking at an '88 K75 with 48000 miles in very nice condition. The reason for my post is to ask if anyone can give thoughts about this bike, strong points, weak points, likes, dislikes, suggestions? As I said, I've had several Boxers and even a 250 cc single in my youth, but never a K bike. Thanks in advance.
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

The K75 will never keep up with the Versys. The brakes and such were okay for 1988 but I'd avoid a K75 except as an infrequent play bike. It'll be hopeless on dirt roads.