Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > BMW

Old 08-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Victor1239
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steve View Post
It's not a sport bike.

Sport bikes are peaky. They don't make much torque until they get up in the higher revs, then the power suddenly comes on. You see them getting away from inexperienced riders who open up the throttle at 3k rpm (where the bike's making 20 ft-lbs of torque) and keeping it open till 9k(where it's making 120 ft-lbs of torque) and the bike pops a wheelie.

You're not a 18yo whose first bike is going to be the GSXR 1000 his daddy bought him. You know better.

Just take it easy and gradually get used to the extra power and weight and you'll be fine. Take the experienced riders course on it to work on your slow speed drills and to instill some confidence.

The key is to respect the power of the bike while having confidence in yourself that you can master it. Like Buz said, it only goes as fast as you want it to.

Thanks Steve, thats helpful to know how it relates to a high powered sports bike. The K1300r has mad power but in a more linear way, from what Ive read. It is the rider that ultimately determines the speed, I am feeling better that Im not getting in over my head. The worst thing would be to buy it and 1 week later regret it.
Victor1239 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
pushrod
Founding Member

Go ride a SPEED Triple. Or a 1050 Tiger.

You could get one of those AND a Bonneville for the cost of that K bike.

8.95% !? Wow! Look at the current offers:

FREEDOM ROAD FINANCING.
Now through August 31, 2011, get great financing on some of our most popular new 2011 and prior year models.*

Bonneville/Classics Family as low as $99 per month* - 15% Down, 84 Months, 6.99% APR - PLUS, Triumph makes 6 months of winter payments for you up to $99/month.

America and Speedmaster as low as $125 per month* - 10% Down, 72 Months, 6.99% APR - PLUS, Triumph makes up to 6 months of winter payments for you up to $125/month.

Thunderbird as low as $199 per month* - 10% Down, 72 Months, 6.99% APR

Rocket III Roadster as low as $215 per month* - 10% Down, 72 Months, 6.99% APR

Speed Triple as low as $159 per month* - 10% Down, 84 Months, 7.99% APR - PLUS, Triumph makes up to 6 months of winter payments for you up to $159/month.

Daytona 675 as low as $149 per month* - 10% Down, 84 Months, 7.99% APR

Street Triple as low as $121 per month* - 10% Down, 84 Months, 7.99% APR

Sprint GT $0 down plus $250 in Genuine Triumph Accessories or Apparel* - Triumph makes your first 6 payments up to $190/month

Tiger 1050 as low as $185 per month* - 10% Down, 72 Months, 6.99% APR - PLUS, Triumph makes up to 6 months of winter payments for you up to $185/month.

And that's from the Company. I'd guess you could finance a bike much cheaper elsewhere.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #13
Victor1239
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Go ride a SPEED Triple. Or a 1050 Tiger.

You could get one of those AND a Bonneville for the cost of that K bike.

8.95% !? Wow! Look at the current offers:
Thanks Pushrod! I dont think Triumph does financing in Canada, at least thats what the Triumph dealer said, Im going to look into it. And then all the banks seem to want 7.95 - 9.95% for a motorcycle loan, no wonder the Canadian banks make so much!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #14
Victor1239
Registered Member

@ Pushrod. I tried the Speed Triple and really enjoyed it! I definitely preferred the Street however, alot lighter in the twisties, even though a lot less power, it seemed to have more "pull". I am betting that the K1300r feels more like the 1050cc Speed Triple, heavier. I suppose I should take it out today and find out
Oh, I hate big decisions!!