Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 06-14-2006, 07:04 AM   #51
oldtim
Founding Member

Default Re: SD Officers get new rides.

Big deal. Cops in backward Boise have been ridding Bemers for years
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2006, 07:15 AM   #52
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Bad Engineering

I know these are bikes and what I am refering to is BMW cars but it's the same company. The other day I read that BMW got bad ratings in some poll dealing with design flaws. Apparently they have p iss ed BMW car buyers off with their ridiculously complicated climate and radio controls. You have to go from screen to screen on their computer interface to just change stations and that is while you are supposed to be driving. Same with turning on and adjusting the airconditioner. Technology for gee-whiz factor sake. Seems that most folks just want a button with a snowflake and the h ell with the computer screen controls.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:18 AM   #53
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default They ride Harleys

These cops may have to ride BMW's at work but chances are the bikes they ride to work and back are Harleys.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #54
bboule
Founding Member

Default Re: Bad Engineering

Yes BMW cars have been getting blasted left and right for their comfort/audio/nav controls lately.

They were not all that much better 10 years ago. They weren't running Windows but they had a row of tiny little buttons all exactly the same that you were supposed to figure out what to do with.

But they still run & drive sweetly, same as always. They got that "special something." Too bad they're so expensive!
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #55
skeepee
Registered Member

Default Re: Bad Engineering

BMW: The Honda Interceptor of cars.
skeepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #56
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I read somewhere BMW is giving them to the police forces for next to nuttin'. Remember what the police bike did for Kawasaki? Beemer wants the same exposure.

Don't forget all the police garages with trained BMW mechs, spare parts and everything. The BMW dynasty, one that will last a thousand yea...

Some of the cops hate beemers 'cause of the bad turning raduis btw.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #57
clively
Founding Member

Most agencies switched from Kawasaki to BMW for the ABS brakes. That is why the Kawasaki is no longer made and Harley and Honda started offering bikes with ABS. The Harleys have a great resale value and can get maintenance everywhere, not so with the BMW and the Honda has no resale value and looks stupid. The Harley ought to rocket to the top of the KPPI chart after the dimwitted designer (kp) pulls his own head out of his arse.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote