Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 11-18-2005, 06:21 AM   #11
jfiore
Registered Member

Default Re: Power Brakes

I totally agree! ABS is a good thing, but making a boosted system that is useless when the bike isn't running, and that provides difficult-to-modulate, toggle-switch braking power, seems like the last thing that anyone would want on a bike.
jfiore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2005, 08:22 AM   #12
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Review: 2006 R1200RT

I was in BMW MOA for years, it's about the best rider oriented association I've seen. Having the address book in the saddle bags made touring a pretty much worry free experiance. I haven't heard an oil head with a Luftmiester exhaust but they wake up a few ponies on the rest of them.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #13
12er
Founding Member

Is that in pesos? Almost as much bodywork as a monster and the same frame as a multistrada. Sounds like one hell of a Vaseline tax...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:21 AM   #14
cheapcharlie
Founding Member

Default Re: Test the K bike...

I did just that yesterday! I made the mistake of getting on a K12S and got hooked, bigtime! So, now all I have to do is put myself in debt for a couple of years, but, hey! This America, right? What kind of country would it be without debt?

Seriously, I was totally blown away by the K12S, and like my wife says; "Buy it while you're still here in this world, and quit moaning about money, because we have enough!"

Sooooo! I'm going in tomorrow to get the black and yellow one I saw on the showroom floor.

Besides, I was thinking the same as everybody who responded to my first post. Why get another tour bike? I've already got a very good one. Now, I want to fly! Easy at first, of course. Like a riding buddy of mine always says; "Always remember, that a trip to the body shop usually means a trip to the hospital."

Thanks for the advise guys, and everybody out there ride safe!

Cheapcharlie
cheapcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:04 PM   #15
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Test the K bike...

My buddy already has 11k on his and loves it. Buy the electronic suspension option!
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 09:20 PM   #16
cheapcharlie
Founding Member

You're right on the mark with the ice cream comment. So, with that in mind, I kept one gallon of vanilla and bought a gallon of very powerful, exquisitely performing, delicious looking, granite grey and yellow, BMW K1200S ice cream. My, oh my! What a difference in flavors! I'm happy!!!!!!!

By the way, I too must win the lotto.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheap charlie
Old 11-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #17
cheapcharlie
Founding Member

Default Re: Power Brakes

Just before I bought my K1200S, I was thinking the same thing. Like what the heck happens when, for some unknown reason, you loose all your "electricals"? So I asked for an owners manual to see what it had to say. If you loose the boosted system, it simply means you gotta squeeze harder on the front brake lever, and push harder on the rear brake peddle. (And Sooner.) You won't have a boosted system, ABS, or any of the rest of the goodies that come with this package. You will only have hand and foot power. (Like back in "da day.")

If you loose the system for any other reason, you get a warning telling you so. That way you can start braking sooner. The main thing is, YOU HAVE BRAKES, and that, of course, is a good thing.

Basically, what BMW is giving you is power brakes with all the goodies. It's safe.

Cheap Charlie