Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 09-15-2005, 11:44 AM   #11
RRRIDER
Registered Member

Default Re: Biking Germany on a Beemer

That does sound like fun, would enjoy the beer and brawts part alot. A guy I used to work with went over there for two weeks and road a late model sport bike over some of the twisties thoughout Europe. He said the roads there are as close as you will get to a track without being on one. I'd like to try one of those trips out on a sport bike; see if I can ruin a set of tires in a day I used to live there in the 80's but was way too young to enjoy that part of Europe.
RRRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I think it's "Bratwurst Ballet."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:27 PM   #13
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

If you'll notice, they didn't show the two Beemers landing from that little ol' jump.

Whump, thud. Caltech's richter scale goes off the chart and the riders now speak an octave or two higher.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:15 PM   #14
12er
Founding Member

You got that right, I love that GS commercial where the guy "washes" his bike by jumping it into a steam. The bike goes straight out and then drops like a stone. No arch, just down...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:32 AM   #15
jlwolff911@hotmail.c
Founding Member

Yeah, this was a great trip. You have to forgive some of the typos as I was somewhat sleep deprived hacking this out.

As for the captions well let's just say it is Wienerschnitzel named after Vienna or as the locals call it Wien.

jlwolff911@hotmail.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:27 AM   #16
jlwolff911@hotmail.c
Founding Member

Actually the HP2 is all of 385 lbs see here http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/machines/2005/bmw/
jlwolff911@hotmail.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:50 AM   #17
Loki22302
Founding Member

I still kick myself for not PCSing to Germany in '95. I was deployed to Panama, Republic of, at the time and my orders to Germany were deleted. Of course, once I returned to the States, there were fresh orders for South Korea, Republic of. Anyone who has spent time in the 2nd Infantry Division's area of operation will know the driving conditions in northern South Korea were appalling. The Koreans have a fatalistic view of traffic laws and driving. Red lights mean blow your horn as you speed through; a two lane road is actually four (also with cars parked at the curbside); potholes big enough to break suspension components; and he who has the bigger vehicle has the right of way! How I managed to survive 20 months of patrolling in my Military Police SUV without being involved in an accident was beyond my comprehension. In the 2ID A.O., soldiers were forbidden to own personal vehicles. Too dangerous they said. I never saw any real motorcycles in Korea, only 50 -150cc scooters and mopeds.
Loki22302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #18
BrineUSAF
Founding Member

You still in Germany... gotta love Landstuhl...
BrineUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #19
Ldavis
Registered Member

Default Hi!

Hi Jeff-

This is Laura (Rowe,formerly Thompson, now Davis). I'm on a Google spree saying hi to old friends. That's how I found your page. I thought when I saw biking that you were talking about bicycles at first. I should have known better! Sounds like you're having a blast! Germany is an amazing place. And I don't think I've ever heard you say so much in one sitting! You have kids now? I have a three year old boy, he's a doll. I'm still in Ohio, working in the OR. I'm at davisgirl0914@columbus.rr.com, stop by and say hi. And say hi to your Mrs. Be careful over there, speed demon!
-L
Ldavis is offline   Reply With Quote