Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   BMW News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/bmw-news/)
-   -   Be a Pampered Social Elite for Charity? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/bmw-news/2850-pampered-social-elite-for-charity.html)

longride 06-15-2005 07:01 AM

Re: Be a Pampered Social Elite for Charity?

"(A BMW motorcycle) is the finest bike you can buy," Kaiser says. "ItÂ’s the difference between a propeller plane and a Lear jet. (The bike) is extremely well balanced."

What the hell was this guy smokin'?????

red916 06-15-2005 07:20 AM

I see a GSX-R of some sort and a Black Bird in on of those pictures. What was that one guy saying about Lear Jets?

SRMark 06-15-2005 07:23 AM

But didn't the guy say BMW is the finest motorycle made? Has he ever tried a Concours/VFR/SV650?

SRMark 06-15-2005 07:25 AM

At a thousand bucks a pop, you can bet it was the good stuff.

bod 06-15-2005 07:34 AM

delicate features I aint got no delicate features what the hell are you talking about it was just a little makeup and lipstick for the camera..haha

seruzawa 06-15-2005 07:37 AM

Well, acutally I'd probably give that "finest bike" title to one of them there hand built MV Agustas.

Some of them Beemer snobs make the GPTB snobs look positively bush league.

DaveFla 06-15-2005 08:30 AM

You just don't understand! Sure, these folks are educated professionals who hold jobs requiring high productivity and responsibility. Sure, they can probably afford to spend whole long weekends staying at fancy places.

Sure, they aren't doing anything any other bunch of guys setting up a weekend ride wouldn't do, except that it's on a larger scale. Who knows, maybe they even do a little good.

So where'd they go wrong? Obviously, they DIDN'T invite US!

sportbikebandit 06-15-2005 08:44 AM

Didn't OJ live in Brentwood? It's for a good cause though... After hard week exploiting the working folks, offshoring manufacturing jobs, creating tax shelters, raiding pension funds, dining with W its nice to spend weekends giving back to the community...

flying_hun 06-15-2005 10:51 AM

So I just want to make sure I've got this right, the only reason for the negative remarks is that folks weren't invited? Seriously, I found myself wondering what some of the posters got their knickers in a twist about. Some folks who've got stuff some of us don't, is that it? Does that also explain the nasty generalizations about kids in East LA and the reference to 'delicate features'? Yeah, the article and the quotes were self-congratulatory. What's new? Some people trying to do some good by having fun. Would it have been different if they'd been riding Harleys raising money for the widows and orphans of 9/11? What about all those rides Malcolm Forbes used to lead?

I'm just trying to understand.....

Loki22302 06-15-2005 11:05 AM

GAG!!! So much for the image of the rugged, independent, crossing Africa on a GS, motorcyclist that BMW loves to promote.

At least these guys are not being investigated for stealing bikes and operating meth labs.

Insider trading, maybe, but not for drug running.