Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 04-20-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Will BMW's innovative technology change motorcycling suspension forever?

The good news: BMW seem to have a really trick bike.

The bad news: "BMW are saying that these will be hand built machines in low production volumes and hinting that the price will be well over and above the [AUS]$21,500 sticker price of the regular R1200 GS."

Guess I'll be sticking with my Rockster.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
opie
Founding Member

Default Re: Will BMW's innovative technology change motorcycling suspension forever?

Since several older marques are copies of BMW's, I'll be looking for this new rear suspension next year, on Royal Enfields.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I always thought you were more of a Red Bull kinda guy.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:41 AM   #4
mile_eater
Founding Member

I refuse to believe that a company that still manufactures motorcycles so as to require guards for things as vital as cylinder heads, has any hope of changing anything for the better.

If there has ever been a dumber idea than the boxer twin I don't know what it is.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #5
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

I have a friend that owns a BMW who would say that a V-Twin is dumber. He always points out that the rear cylinder on a V-Twin runs hot...He also claims that during WW2, Harley actually made Boxer twins for the miltary because of the heat problem. I don't know if this is true or not...... he just brings it up all the time...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #6
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Try riding one sometime. The boxer twins have a number of advantages that you are obviously unaware of. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:52 AM   #7
orcyclist
Founding Member

That "dumb idea" sure has sold a lot of motorcycles. BTW - My "dumb idea" has never overheated or stranded me.

Dumb ideas:

How about letting 16 yr olds buy and ride literbikes?

How about not voting?

How about smoking cigarettes?

Hm, maybe the boxer engine in a Porsche is a dumb idea as well?

Enuf. And I won't respond to any flames.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:15 AM   #8
iamz
Founding Member

NO. There is never just one "best" solution. I'm not an engineer but even I know that. Of course, I mean that in the nicest way.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:22 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

We won't know for a long time because with BMW's usual behavior of taking forever to fix any problems on their bikes I expect to see this suspension finally worked out in 2050.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #10
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Me? Heavens, no. I'm more of an herbal tea served in cup and saucer with a doily kind of guy.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote