Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 04-20-2005, 11:43 AM   #21
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: No it won't.

Let us pray that BMW's new air/spring system is an improvment over the old CZ suspension. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2005, 12:25 PM   #22
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Will BMW's innovative technology change motorcycling suspension forever?

That's true for now, but stick with me kid and I'll convince you of the righteousness of the hillbilly way.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:36 PM   #23
EdmundC
Premium Member

Default Re: Will BMW's innovative technology change motorcycling suspension forever?

My mountain bike runs an air shock. I wonder if it is the same thing? I also thought that Fournales made air shocks and some BMs had them. I also wonder how reliable the shock will be in high heat/humidity environments. Looks like the high pressure syringe pump I have for the push bike will come in handy.
EdmundC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:11 PM   #24
waepoint
Founding Member

I don't really know **** from squat when it comes to engineering, but this little bit caught my eye ...

<blockquote>A minor but nevertheless important point is that static compression of the springs on the R 1200 GS HP2 while at a standstill creates a deceptive impression of the damping effect, since the movements generated at rest are not the same when riding in terms of their speed and frequency. </blockquote>Hmmmm ... so I wonder if this speed-related damping adjustment means that the shock dynamically accommodates different types of "hits" to the suspension (a la high speed vs. low speed damping)? Sounds interesting.

Plus, god help me, I think this BMW actually looks kinda cool.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:06 PM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Where have you been hiding??
Old 04-20-2005, 03:31 PM   #26
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Production

I'll take the street motard version...any damn place I please.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:31 PM   #27
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: Production

By the way...I'm back.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #28
NGC7006
Founding Member

Well, my both my flat twins scrape the pegs before the heads (R65, R1200GS) so not all flat twins actually do that. And no, it ain't stupid to hang 'em out in the breeze where they run quite a bit cooler either. They also make life a lot nicer on your feet on those sub 32F rides and maintenance is a real snap as well.
NGC7006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:50 PM   #29
Vlad
Registered Member

Default There has been a dumber idea

The vertical twin.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #30
saaz
Registered Member

Whats so radical about air suspension? I have had Fournales on a bike since 1978. The BMW system seems like a development of them, with more user adjustability. They do work great for road use.
saaz is offline   Reply With Quote