Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 04-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #11
NotoriousDJW
Registered Member

Default Re: Will BMW's innovative technology change motorcycling suspension forever?

Will BMW's innovative technology change motorcyling suspension forever?

You mean like that innovative telelever that they left off this bike?
NotoriousDJW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2005, 09:29 AM   #12
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Will BMW's innovative technology change motorcycling suspension forever?

This is another one of those "I don't get how it works" techno thingy's. Lets see, its filled with air, which gets compressed multiple times at random intervals. Air heats up when compressed (and forces moisture out of it). I see the performance of this suspension as being impossible to dial in. Its operation is going to change in different situations, and the moisture is going to accumulate inside, causing who knows what problems to operations (and possible rust/corrosion)

The bike is the neatest looking BMW, IMHO.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #13
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

The telelever was left off for two reasons. It would not allow the longer wheel travel, nor the weight savings desired on the more offroad oriented HP2. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

All of the above is dumb. except smoking cigarettes. That's cool.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:24 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

God's gonna slap you upside the head boy, lessun you get yer head on straight.

Don't make me sic Queen Latifah on you!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:30 AM   #16
mile_eater
Founding Member

Why do I need to ride one to know that it's stupid to hang cylinder heads out the sides? We're talking about a vehicle that leans as it turns. We we make a list of things not to scrap... cylinder head should be right at the top.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:31 AM   #17
mile_eater
Founding Member

Not Voting? You know what's dumber than not voting? Thinking that the outcome of an election will actually change something.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:33 AM   #18
mile_eater
Founding Member

God rides a Confederate.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #19
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I've got 127,000 miles on my old GS and I've never scraped the cylinder heads once. Don't go giving me the old "your just not riding fast enough" line either. I've passed quite a few so called sport bike riders on the inside of some of our blind decreasing radius turns here in No. Cal., without sparks flying off of the valve covers. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:23 AM   #20
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: No it won't.

"A new air/spring damper system at the rear of the machine which BMW claim is a world first application."

HmmmmÂ…can you say 1975 Falta Replica 250 & 400 CZ?

Those Krauts have always stolen Czech technology anyway (take the Tatra=VW Beetle connection for instance).

LetÂ’s hope they donÂ’t try and copy the CZÂ’s ignition system too. That would make the towrope a must have item again.