Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 07-29-2003, 01:41 PM   #31
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Dummy

Even this turd has the right to his opinion, just as we have the right to point out that he is an idiot. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2003, 01:51 PM   #32
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW 2003 Sales

All the more reason not to let this type of malignancy fester in the secrecy of censored speech. If this type of stupidity is publicly aired then it's purveyors will surely be shouted down by the masses of right thinking people. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 02:56 PM   #33
ducatiparti
Founding Member

For all that $$$ they still have not gotten the surging problem completely fixed on the new generation boxer introduced in '93. I don't think BMW even fully acknowledges this flaw since they state that the new boxer dual spark design was not to correct any "surging", but to make it run cleaner. I think their inline 4 runs pretty well and I have a friend who sold his K bike with 130k on it. His current K bike has 80k.
ducatiparti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:14 PM   #34
kowalke67
Founding Member

I bought a F650GS Dakar with ABS for $8600 at Chicago BMW and it retailed for $9190. I bought it late in the year (September 2002) so that helped. I also got it at a great low financing rate. I paid $165 on the note this month and $158.91 went to principle. If you have the will power maybe hold out until later in the riding season (ugh, can't believe I just said that).

Nice haggling on the R1100R for the bags and windshield. Yes, I'd agree lots (all?) Beemer products are overpriced. On the other hand, I had a price range I was willing to pay and wasn't concerned with getting the most hp for the buck. I wanted the bike that fit my needs/wants the best. The Dakar was it. Anyway, again about the bags, I'm glad you made the post because I will certainly haggle a little more for the next bike I buy.

How have you found the service at the dealership since you've owned your R1100R?
Old 07-29-2003, 05:23 PM   #35
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:true enough

It's a standard ploy of the "intellectually challenged" to blame others for their failure.

Be it blacks, whites, jews, asians, arabs, hispanics, women, men, whatever, it's always someone else's fault.

I guess it's easier to blame someone else than to admit you're too ****in' stupid to function in society.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 05:35 PM   #36
sarnali
Founding Member

I can guaranty they haven't admitted a problem. I bought an '02 R1150RT and asked two dealers if something could be done about the surging. They both blamed me for not riding the bike properly, though funnily enough one said to let the engine lug and the other one said to rev it past the (non-exsistant) surge zone.

It took me a week and an extra $1K to trade that turd in on a Triumph and I've been happy ever since.

Though I had real positive experiances in the '80's on BMW's I have no use for them now.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:03 AM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Hey Dummy

I believe it's MO's policy to let all posts stand. If this stuff continues from this guy, I'm sure he won't be around long.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:24 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re:true enough

yeah what you sed
Old 07-30-2003, 07:02 AM   #39
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

I don't know about the power assisted brakes, they are a relatively new development. BMW has offered ABS on bikes since the late 80s.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 07:11 AM   #40
tooths
Registered Member

Anyone have any information on the new R1200GS? I hear this is due out in Germany in October, and supposedly is about 30 lbs lighter than the current model.
tooths is offline   Reply With Quote