Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 07-29-2003, 10:34 AM   #21
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW 2003 Sales

I think they were feeding you some bull. I've ridden a few ABS equipped RTs and GSs and none of them made noise while breaking.

As for the usefulness of powered assist, a friend of mine only has two fingers and a thumb on his right hand thanks to a birth defect. It is very reassuring to know his bike doesn't require much lever pressure to come to a full stop when he's riding behind me.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2003, 10:47 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: nope ... it's gone

Yeah. I saw it. It was also written in semi-literate fashion... which is usual for such screed.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:55 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Nothing is Deleted

It's just rated down to -1. Go to "Threshold" at the bottom of the news item, set to -1, and hit "Refresh". The post is there in all it's stupidity.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:42 AM   #24
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Nothing is Deleted

Oh now I see it, what an *******.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 11:51 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Thank you for reminding me why I keep a loaded gun around.....and it ain't for the "joos".

D1ckhead.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:37 PM   #26
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Nothing is Deleted

Ah, well, what do you expect from someone who thinks that you are supposed to make paragraphs by stringing together 5 word sentence fragments with "...". Go check out this slapnut's last few posts if you want an example of near-complete illiteracy.

It's sad that some people have to put down/slam other people or groups because their small penis makes them feel inadequate.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:53 PM   #27
Haird
Founding Member

I bought an R1100R in 2000 at Chicago Cycle Center, now Chicago BMW, for about $600 off the MSRP, and half price and free installation on the (in my opinion way overpriced) windshield and hard bags. I suspect they might have gone even a bit lower if I had pushed harder, but I didn't. BMW had just reduced the MSRP on that model from $10,500 to $9,000, so it seemed like a pretty good deal at the time. And it still does. The bike has been very reliable, has none of the surging I have read so much about, and what buzzing there initially was pretty much went away after the first 6,000 miles or so. It is very easy to do 500 miles at a pop on it, and my hands never go to sleep like they did when it was new, though I could use a little more leg room. Maybe some day I'll get a peg lowering kit or highway pegs or something, but I digress.

Incidentally, in the year or so before BMW lowered of the price on the R1100R the euro lost about 15% on the dollar, which was pretty close to the amount they cut off the price of the bike. HOwever, they did not lower the price on the RT or GS, which I understood were much better sellers at the time. The euro has climbed significantly v. the dollar over the last year, though BMW has yet to raise prices if the exchange rate indeed affects the price of its bikes. From what I understand, BMW prices are a little more competitive with Japanese bikes in other countries, so it may be that BMWNA still has a pretty good margin to play with despite currency fluctuations. With the current give-away financing deals, BMW now seems to be intent on capturing market share at the expense of unit profit -- make it up in volume, or something like that. They are certainly trying to change their image and appeal to younger buyers. That suggests to me that they may be willing to negotiate price even on top of the unbelievable financing deals. But who knows? It probably has more to do with local demand and how hard up your local dealer is to make a sale. Anyway, good luck with it.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 01:56 PM   #28
Haird
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Dummy

Hay longride,

Is it possible to have this post actually removed instead of down-rated? I can understand not wanting to censor the site, but this surpasses anything I've ever seen on this site for sheer offensiveness, and it is certainly much more offensive than the curse words that are automatically screened out.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:21 PM   #29
Haird
Founding Member

Nope. And those power brakes come in mighty handy when somebody cuts you off in an intersection while you're trying to program your GPS ...
Old 07-29-2003, 02:32 PM   #30
Haird
Founding Member

Unfortunately, it was run by several million folks who shared, or at least submitted to, our friend above's world view. Not stupid -- evil.