Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 05-06-2003, 06:24 AM   #21
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: 80th Anniversary Beemer

What the ... . Who stepped in your corn flakes?

I'll take a guess and say you ride HD. "a motorcycle that has no idea of what it is" - No category? Does it need a category? It's a motorcycle that handles great, has great power stock, and is user friendly. It does not look like "the real motorcycles" you ride. Some of us like a motorcycle to have much better power and handling than most cars its part of what makes a motorcycle a motorcycle. A great package? 50 percent of what the bike cost??? It will not ride any better when you get back. What gets me if how people take the abuse HD dishes out. Ex. 180 for a Harley/Dunlop tire for a Road King plus install?

All in the name of American pride? Thats abuse!!! Companies using excuses like that well let's just say they will not get any of my bucks. And I would much rather buy American.

but I will not stand for that!!! And the people line up for that???

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #22
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I belive you missed my point John. While it is true that a skilled rider will probably clobber a rider of lesser abilities even while piloting a slower machine, my point is that some bikes are better for the situations encountered in the real world street envirment than the current lot of race replicas. My old BMW GS for example has more suspension travel to soak up an unseen mid corner pot hole. It has narrow tires, a wide handle bar, and a low center of gravity that aid in quick side to side cornering transitions. My Pirelli Scorpion multi purpose tires hook up better on gravel strewn corners and wet ones too. The user friendly power band on the old twin makes modulating the power to the pavement in tricky situations easier as well. There are other factors that make for a better real world bike. I'm sure that other MO readers would be glad to expand on the list. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:52 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Right on, bro. Nothing like shredding some squid on the latest and greatest 600 while astride an obsolescent Yamaha R5.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:54 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Flight of the Valkyries

You get the "Fantastic Bird of Paradise" for refraining from having "Deutschland Uber Alles" on your phone.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:09 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah! And the next time you go to your Harley dealer don't forget that a substantial proportion of your dollars go to Japan and Malaysia.

"Buy American" is a sucker play when it comes to bikes or cars. The companies all are as incestuous as he11. And don't forget that HD is in cahoots with the German company Porche. Therefore HD is a traitor company by your own "standards". Japanese forks, shocks and carbs, Asian electrics and German engines. Time to sell your hog and get back in yer Chevy cage.

This is actually amusing seeing as there is that segment of HD bigots out each weekend with their iron cross tatoos and Wehrmacht beanies.

We also won the war without the slightest little bit of help from loud-mouthed chickenhawks like yourself.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:00 AM   #26
sarnali
Founding Member

Careful now seruzawa, this guys watched sands of iwo jima three or four times, he knows what it takes to be a REAL AMERICAN, besides you can't count V-rods, they're not real Harleys, the last American Harley was a '69 shovel, after that amf infected them aisian flu.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 08:04 AM   #27
john
Founding Member

yeah i agree......seems like you assume every person who buys the latest and greatest is a squid. i guess thats why the saying goes "anyone slower then me is a squid, anyone faster is an idiot."

statement seems to fit some of yous to a T
Old 05-07-2003, 08:15 AM   #28
john
Founding Member

its a difficult comparison. BMW car and bike branches are at opposite ends of their respective spectrums. There is no BMW bike that is the equivalent of its own M3, or even of its Z3 roadsters. To me that would be a bike with the size and power of an sv650, while the M3 would equate to a GSXR-750.

But what do you expect from a company (BMW) that has decided to sell out its heritage to the point of putting automatics in its Motorsports cars, and making SUV's. whats the world coming to!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 08:19 AM   #29
john
Founding Member

thats what i am saying.....i ride with guys that own several different bikes......they are faster than i am on ALL of their bikes. It just so happens that even though they may be faster than me on their BMW, they are even faster than me on their Mille's. I mean i know people are proud of what they ride, but to listen to some owners you think their bike can fly them to the moon.....
Old 05-07-2003, 08:24 AM   #30
john
Founding Member

i think its a lot different readership then you think. there are some expensive rice burners.......priced italian bikes lately????

I mean, if all you want to talk to is bmw riders, why dont you go to a bmw forum, instead of biotching and crying on a general motorcycle forum that too many people dont ride what you do