Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > BMW News

Old 03-30-2001, 05:12 PM   #11
Rapt
Founding Member

Default R1100S mods...

As a proud and satisfied owner of an R1100S I have to say I found the article interesting... But Remus wouldn't be my pipe of choice...Van Der Linde would at $1795 for pipe and chip its a better deal IMO...

As for seats, one of the posters asked about that. Do what I and a buddy of mine did, peel the stock seat and reshape the foam under it for more comfort, then resking with the stock cover... It looks stock but when you sit down its wayyyyy more comfy...

I did an 8,000 mile tour on mine last summer, and regulary spent more than 8 hours in the saddle. Its a great bike to tour on and the smooth unflappable handling is something I love. I've owned a CBR 600 and frankly I hated it for relaxed high speed twisty cruising as opposed to full on racetrack banging...

I've also driven an R11S with the shorter para link arm. And liked it a lot. That will be one of my next mods...BTW you can swap in one from the GS at a much lower cost than any aftermarket one...
Rapt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2001, 12:08 PM   #12
M
Founding Member

Default Akropovic?

It's Akrapovic!
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 02:20 PM   #13
M
Founding Member

Default Re: 77,000 Miles on bike you don

For that reason there is a magic button which enables you to switch the ABS off. In the words of Rolling Stones, Flip the Switch!
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 06:16 AM   #14
LittleBlock
Founding Member

Default Re: Delusions of Ducati: MO

Sounds like this Blackbird would be a wonderful bike but I'm afraid that here in Canada the end product would be signifigantly more expensive than at the very least a non ABS R11S. You could however do these same mods to a late model used BB as on occasion there has been a number of them for sale

in the local bike trader! Save yourself a bundle there! Cheers! LB
LittleBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 05:55 PM   #15
John_Meloy
Founding Member

Default Turbocharge it!

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/

Check it out. Cool BMW turbo applications.
John_Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 07:14 AM   #16
BruceF
Registered Member

Default Re: Delusions of Ducati: MO's BMW R1100S Hop-Up

Have you looked into the 2002 1150RS , lighter then the RT and faster then 1100S, one draw back to you , the ABS , for me , the ABS EVO has saved my life in a real tight situation , we can talk all we want here, try useing that talk when you're in a immediate use situation , if you ride , you;ve seen cars pull in front of you, run red lights or slam on their brakes in front of you
BruceF is offline   Reply With Quote