Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Bike Week (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/bike-week/)
-   -   Daytona Bike Week 2010 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/bike-week/14631-daytona-bike-week-2010-a.html)

Dr_Sprocket 03-07-2010 03:51 PM

Ken, thanks for the write-up. Maybe, someday, I'll be able to see the pix you took.

M.O., isn't it about time you guys got the picture function fixed?! This has been going on WAY TOO LONG!!!

Buzglyd 03-07-2010 06:08 PM

I'm liking that VFR but I'd want the fancy shifting model.

The_AirHawk 03-07-2010 09:48 PM

Didja bump-into Toecutter, Johnny The Boy, and Kundalini while there?

pplassm 03-08-2010 05:34 AM

Thanks, Ken!

No pictures of the gals?

Kenneth_Moore 03-08-2010 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 236364)
Thanks, Ken!

No pictures of the gals?

Not a lot of bare skin in that 40 degree weather I'm afraid. But I might have a few...I'll check for you tonight.

Kenneth_Moore 03-08-2010 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 236358)
Didja bump-into Toecutter, Johnny The Boy, and Kundalini while there?

If I did, it wasn't on purpose. I was hoping to meet up with Mr. Brissette, but his cell phone message advised me that: "the subscriber has not set up voicemail for this number. Please F'off and never call again. Thank you."

Kenneth_Moore 03-08-2010 05:48 AM

About the Daytona 200...

I've been going to this race most every year since the late 80's. This year my pal Les and I walked up to the ticket booth an hour before the race was scheduled to start to get our tickets. They were charging over $40 for grandstand tickets! In past years it's been under $20. After freezing my ass off last year until nearly midnight while DMG screwed around learning how to run a race, there was no way I was going to shell out that kind of money this year. I wasn't the only one, I noticed several people walk up to the ticket booth and do an about-face. It's not the money...if they'd had top talent for a quality race, I'd be happy to pay $80. But to double the prices after last year's fiasco is just absurd. They need to get a clue.

pushrod 03-08-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 236352)
Ken, thanks for the write-up. Maybe, someday, I'll be able to see the pix you took.

M.O., isn't it about time you guys got the picture function fixed?! This has been going on WAY TOO LONG!!!

Doc, if you're in Chrome, the pictures don't work. If you haven't already, get the 'IE' extension. You can find it (and a raft of others) under the wrench icon at the top right of the page.It'll give you a button to the right of your address window. When you are running Chrome and want to render a page in IE, simply hit that button. Viola!

pushrod 03-08-2010 07:42 AM

Ken,

Did nothing at the Triumph Demo truck catch your eye?

Kenneth_Moore 03-08-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 236371)
Ken,

Did nothing at the Triumph Demo truck catch your eye?

They had lots of Rockets and "Twins" to ride, both of which I have been on in the past year or so. Neither is my cuppa. There was one Tiger, but it would take an hour of waiting in line to get on it. Nice looking bike though.

Boss Hog had demo rides, and I'm PO'd I didn't get a chance to ride one, I showed up too late for that. They had a few trikes, one of which had a '57 Chevy rear end...pretty cool retro look and sound.