Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Aprilia News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/aprilia-news/)
-   -   Aprilia V4 Prototype On The Dyno (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/aprilia-news/4537-aprilia-v4-prototype-dyno.html)

The_AirHawk 05-31-2007 08:22 PM

Re:

nnlnn

schizuki 05-31-2007 09:09 PM

Re: Aprilia V4 Prototype On The Dyno

"Here's another juicy item from Editor KSomething something. "

Stop. Now. I'm not f***ing kidding.

seruzawa 05-31-2007 10:43 PM

You nailed it.

pdad13 06-01-2007 01:31 AM

Best post here.

svtech 06-01-2007 01:45 AM

Thank you for the editorial disclaimer.

I never would have recognized a tendency toward sensationalism just from the by-line.

speedtre 06-01-2007 08:39 AM

What kind of "spy shot" is taken in front of a room full of people....see their reflections in the glass....I believe this is an intentional leak....I know...it's shocking!

bigjames 06-01-2007 08:42 AM

Don't quite understand why MO continually slams MCN (UK), now Motorrad, I can see slamming. Motorrad are bloody photoshop experts, but MCN, come on now, could this just be a bit of jealousy? Haven't read much about F1 Beemers or V-6 BMW tourers at MCN at least...then again Cathcart does write for MCN quite often...

team222 06-01-2007 08:52 AM

Aprilia: Forget V4 & Take Care of Current Customers and Parts

I bought the Aprilia three years ago because it was a great bike and my local dealer loved the marque..... plussss they had a factory trained mechanic that worked on the their Aprilia road race effort.

Shortly after my purchase Aprilia went bankrupt.

When Piaggio bought Aprilia there was hopes things would get better, but three years later this is still a company that designs and manufacturers great bikes but nothing after that works.

It is as if Piaggio had two top ten lists when they bought Aprilia. One list was the ten things that "had to be done" and the other list was things "not to do".........and .........they have been following the wrong list ever since.

No parts, fewer and fewer dealers/mechanics, inability to take care of warranty claims, poor customer support in the USA is the way it was then and still is....it is terrible/unacceptable.

Instead of putting money into fixing these problems Piaggio/Aprilia is investing in a V4 .....and in my view wasting hugh sums of money again just like they did on the Aprilia MotoGP effort which certainly was one reason they went bankrupt three years ago.

Today my dealer does not sell Aprilias (kicked them out), the factory trained mechanic that worked on their Aprila road racers is long gone and I am looking for another bike.

Aprila...great bikes.........nothing else about this company works.

BrowningBAR 06-01-2007 09:16 AM

I don't know. MCN is very tabloid like.

They kind of use the Dart Throwing method of reporting/predictions. You throw enough darts you're bound to hit something. Eventually.

The_AirHawk 06-01-2007 09:21 AM

socko would fit right in.