Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 11-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: V4 Race Machine Aprilia Engine Announced.

I guess I didn't explain myself that well. I agree with you. HD could build an engine that is modern yet distinctive. Ducati does it. Aprilia does it, KTM does it, Triumph does it. Sorry no excuses for HD in my book. Is short-sided thinking? Greed? Lack of talent? Boomers are going to die off get it in gear HD or you will be next GM, Ford or Chrysler.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
ksquid
Banned

Made you look
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Yes Mr Technology waxes poetic about all the creative engine designs yet continues to rumble around on a 6 year old UJM which has all the originality of every other UJM.

I'm sure Aprilia, KTM, et al. are thrilled so many people fail to put their money where there mouth is.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:22 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

"It is, however, quite confusing why they seem not to want to cater to the segment of the market that would prefer to buy a 100% US-made sport bike."

Because you could buy two pizzas and feed all of those people.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:36 PM   #15
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

For the record, I'm not sucking up to anyone. I'm simply showing respect where it is due, thanking those who have come before me, and expressing gratitude for those who are willing to do that which would force me to urinate myself. It's really not hard to do if you are just a man about it. Sad you have to learn these lessons from a 26 year old.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #16
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Oh, and why especially NYFD? You live in Seattle right? I don't live in NYC so I really don't have any great attachment to the NYFD but is there a reason NYC firefighters are better than Chicago firefighters, or those of any other city?? Is it harder to protect Seattle from fire than it is New York? Do buildings burn especially slow in your place of residence? Quick, post a link....
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:17 AM   #17
Dueducs
Founding Member

If you have something worthwhile to say, say it.

Otherwise... STFU !!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:41 AM   #18
boru4761
Registered Member

Oh. I don't know about that. I think about buying a Buell everytime I see one. As the son of a Boomer with a Harley, it would be the best of both worlds. I could ride with the Harley crowd (b/c Buells are finally being excepted as 'real' Harleys) and I could have my sportbike too. The only thing that holds me back is the question of reliability. Why buy Buell when I can get more horsepower and a bullet proof engine for 4K less from one of the big four? I think about it all the time actually and I am sure I am not the only guy that falls into the same boat.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:29 AM   #19
acecycleins
Founding Member

Euro-weenies will get the cool bikes about 6 mos before we get them. As for the Superbike- at 210hp they are down on power to their WSB counter-parts. The real bike to pay attention to is the AMA entry of the MV from Ferracci. Ferracci said that they've already got a 20% gain in power from a stock F4 1000r- That would put the power at 212hp. He hasn't even scratched the surface hard. Bet he gets 225 out of the MV motor, easy. He is a master tuner and all.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:19 AM   #20
Mooner
Founding Member

Which japanese bike under 6 grand has more horsepower (let alone torque)? Also, have you researched Buell's reliability lately. They seem to have that on par with any of the big boys now.
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote