Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 11-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Chinese Aprilias Coming?

This would be logical continuation of the industrial progress. Why keep manufacturing Aprilias in Italy by guys who make 20 bucks an hour if some others would work for a month for the same. We will be seeing more of this.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

So if I've got Kapital this is good. If I don't it's just another step down the slippery, and inevitable slope.........
Old 11-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Off the top of my head I'd say these were being manufactured under license for the Asian market as Aprillia and for export here as Jincheng's. Much like a Toyota Corolla was sold as a Geo Prizm.

I don't think Aprillia would be naive enough to start selling Chinees made Aprillia's here.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
anrajala
Founding Member

Don´t underestimate the Chinese, they are coming. They also bought Benelli. Although I am not a great motorcycle prophet I can see a Benelli Sei in my christal ball. I can see also growing Chinese market share in cars - but only after they realize brand names such as Geely and Chery are more suited to intimate lubricant products.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #5
obandoj
Founding Member

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=27555
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #6
BillyO
Registered Member

Harleys are now secretly manufactured in China. Then they are smuggled into York, Pa. and assembled.

BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #7
ksquid
Banned

Aprilia has brand awareness and acceptance in the U.S. market that Jincheng would take years to get. So yes I can see Aprilia branded Jincheng bikes marketed here. I can also see Aprilia moving manufacturing facilities to China. If you are an Aprilia CEO or Chairman wouldn't like to tell you board that you can reduce labor costs by 300%. Or the chinese will buy Aprillia for the brand...The Chinese have lots of money and hold lots of Euros and Dollars. Because of the Trade Deficits with China, the Chinese currency will rise in relation to the Euro an dollar. Thus U.S. and European assets will become cheap for Chinese investors. Globalization is the future and it will cause all sorts of this stuff, Either it's a race to bottom for all labor or it's a raising all boats (standare of living) thing. Time will tell. I hope it's the latter.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Chinese Aprilias Coming to an auto parts store near you?

"The Eupolo features an award-winning Italian-design and will accompany our recently EPA-certified line of 150cc, 75cc, and 50cc dirt bikes... the Jincheng brand is primed for an explosive presence in dealerships across the country."

Hmmm...looks like more bikes bound for Pep Boys. Will they employ the classic Honda 90 style motor design? Spare parts?

Old 11-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

I don't care if they build Aprilias in China. Who cares which foreign country they're built in?

I just hope they don't give the models names like "Happy Dragon Luck" or "Hairy Barbarian".

And puleeeze get an American to write the ad copy and owner's manuals. I don't want to wade through a bunch of engrish. "Give the forward motion by throttling the hand grip" I can do without.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Default On second thought....

...it would be kind of cool to own a bike called a "Hairy Barbarian". As long as I don't have to "throttle the hand grip".