Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 11-13-2006, 04:05 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Chinese Aprilias Coming?

The real reason is that the Chinese tend to think in terms of decades or centuries. The USA thinks only of the next election cycle or the next quarter's shares.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2006, 04:08 AM   #22
TomSmith
Founding Member

Default made in China

Most name brand DVD players (and who knows what else) are made in China and marketed here under their Japanese parent company names. You are buying Chinese whether you know it or not.

Korea manufactures Japanese designed motorcycles for use in Korea since it is illegal in Korea to buy a "real" Japanese bike. This is a little hard to figure out, but is due to long standing (and easy to understand) hatred of Japan by the Koreans. Yes, I know that Japanese are mostly Korean, including the Japanese royal family - I just tell, I don't explain. Korean girls do generally have better legs than Japanese girls - I've worked in both countries and know what's important.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:27 AM   #23
iamz
Founding Member

I would also like them to remind me why they think China would be perfectly willing to utterly destroy their economy (that they have worked so hard to build up), by going to war with it against the US.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:02 AM   #24
ncelik
Registered Member

I actually care where it's made. You can say what you want, but it matters.

Ever sat in a Mexico-made VW Golf/Jetta, squeaky seats and all? Direct-compare that to the German-made VW Rabbit (aka Golf). There are decades of industial experience separating those two. Not only perceived, but real too, as tests like http://landwind.bootnetworks.com/ would show.

Then there is the whole brand thing.

IMHO, it is OK for a Honda/Kawa/Suzuki to be made in China. However, I would have not bought my Triumph nor my Audi if there where not made in the UK or Germany. Call me elitist, but if I pay extra money for a "premium brand", then I want them to be manufactured properly.

If I am buying a bike by value only, then I have no objections for it to be manufactured wherever it's cheaper, be it China or Kazahkstan.

And Aprilia is very much a premium brand that is at least in part dependent on the "Made in Italy".
ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:34 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

If you are talking superior machinery I can't figure why you would pick the Germans. BMW and Audi cars have terrible maintenance and reliability records. Once again one of my friends has given up on his problematic BMW and bought a Lexus.

Myself I got tired of shoving money into a Mercedes and bought a trouble free Subaru.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:39 AM   #26
tomk2
Founding Member

"Remind me again why we should fear a country that spends only 50 billion a year on it's military when we live in a country that spends 1/2 a trillion?"

LOL... China and the rest of the world are using those extra billions a year they're saving on military pork to buy the country right out from underneath your feet.

Americans will become renters in their own country

BHP, Partners Pay $1.35 Billion for U.S. Oil Project

By Angela Macdonald-Smith

Nov. 13 (Bloomberg) -- BHP Billiton Ltd., Hess Corp. and Repsol YPF SA will pay $1.35 billion to buy the Genghis Khan oil and gas project from Anadarko Petroleum Corp., adding a venture in the Gulf of Mexico that's due to start production next year.

The Genghis Khan field holds estimated reserves of between 65 million to 170 million barrels of oil equivalent and lies adjacent to the Shenzi field in which the same companies have stakes...

Anadarko said Nov. 7 it plans to sell $12 billion in assets to help pay off debt...

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #27
anrajala
Founding Member

One good thing about being from a small country is that you don´t have to fear someone is getting more powerful than you are. Just does not register.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #28
FlatulusMaximus
Registered Member

Cool RATS! Just don't name them "Aprilio".

There is a certain cache to owning an Italian motorscoot, automobile, or suit. And most aesthetes are willing to put up with a little aggravation the enjoy the beauty thereof. I rue the thought of the ChiComs making Italian scooters BUT....if Aprilio can closely monitor the quality control, it COULD be a boon to all mankind.......Uh, I could like get a 450 mebbe or...or...or

The Chinese scoots can only compete on PRICE, so far...
FlatulusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #29
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Gee, so you're ok with making $20 a month? That's the obvious and inevitable result. First all the manufacturing jobs go to China where the workers are basically slaves, then we go into debt to China for trillions, then our wages go down until they equalize globally at a fraction of what they used to be. Great plan, I love it! Maybe our kids can crap in ditches and wage slaves too! It's going to be GREAT for that .005% who have 74% of the wealth. YAY!

Oops, I'm not supposed to do this...
Old 07-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #30
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Well, if China keeps growing at this rate everyone can expect a fun little Civil War to break out in the next 10 years.

They've got internet access, they've got a ton of cell phones, it's just a matter of time before the workers/population realize they can get paid a hole lot more money.

Cheap labor only last so long.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote