Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Aprilia News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/aprilia-news/)
-   -   Naked Aprilia V2 750cc: Coming soon? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/aprilia-news/3997-naked-aprilia-v2-750cc-coming-soon.html)

TomSmith 10-16-2006 03:23 PM

Re: Will you guys stop it already?!?

They forgot "global warming/climate change", the environment, gays/lesbians, no barriers on the borders and attacks on Bush. By the way, whatever happened to the "Dykes on Bikes" girls? What bikes do they ride? Tuonos or Buells?

Dangerousdave_2 10-16-2006 03:36 PM

Re: Will you guys stop it already?!?

Now, I could get interested in that....

Dangerousdave_2 10-16-2006 03:41 PM

Re: Naked, Arilia V2, 750cc: Coming soon?

Cher said that she had had the longest 'washed up' career in Hollywood history, starting with when she split up with Sonny, who was obviously the brains of the outfit. I think V twins are kinda like that. They seem to be 'so 20th century', but people keep finding reasons to like them. Riding a motorcycle is not a rational act in this country (it might not even be covered by your health insurance!) so we shouldn't really expect number crunching to have much to do with what motorcycle we buy.

acecycleins 10-16-2006 03:57 PM

Re: Naked, Arilia V2, 750cc: Coming soon?

What's the twin beef. It's a perfectly fine motor and some companies build a perfectly good racing example. I don't want the FIM or the AMA to give in on the liter class rule but if you look at the initial interest that the Moto-ST series is getting you'd be surprised. The Emgo guys are going. I suspect that many privateers are in as well because it's a pretty affordable series when you consider all the aspects that go into runnng a team. Prize money's not supposed to shabby, too.

So do you hate the horizonal or opposed twin too? Or is it just the v-thing? Couldn't be just the v-thing because I think that I remember you singing the praises of the v-4. Dude, seek therapy. Or barrow a RC51 and hit a track day event to remember how much fun they are.

ksquid 10-16-2006 04:53 PM

kpaul's evil plan for the world 800 V-4 streetbikes

Dude I don't hate them.. (whisper on) I just like to throw sticks at the cages of GPTB on this site (whisper off). I do wish Buell would build a proper V-Twin like Ducati, KTM, Aprillia, Honda and put in the Firebolt so I could sucumb to my lust. Seriously, I made a prediction when WSB let 1000 cc superbikes in that the days of racing twins were numbered.

kpaul's evil plan for the world would be to limit 4s to 800 cc in WSB and AMA superbike. Perhaps if that happened we would see a street 800 cc V-4 sportbike drived from MotoGP. i.e MotoGP becomes a more direct pipeline to street streetbikes.. Also Mladin says the 750 was his favorite bike. [b]kpaul has talked to the big guy and the 800 V-4 is God's chosen engine cofiguration </a> "Honey I am out of my meds" shouts kpaul to his wife.