Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 02-22-2001, 11:22 PM   #1
Selden
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia Opinions

I'm impressed. Hackfu is able to post an article from the future (Friday, February 23 @ 00:42:31 PST -- it's 8:16 p.m. Thursday, February 22 in the eastern time zone) about a new Aprilia web site that is "dedicated to collecting information on what the motorcycling consumer wants." Since the site is completely in Italian, it should get lots of input from the American audience. Nice graphics though.

Selden is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2001, 11:38 PM   #2
jrpetruzzi
Founding Member

There is an option for English.Just click on the English option. What sort of incentives to participate? Maybe a freebie for a week or two?
jrpetruzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 01:26 AM   #3
Haga
Founding Member

It is in all Itanlian... until you hit the big "ENGLISH" button.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 03:16 AM   #4
thatguyjohn
Founding Member

I have so much respect for Aprilia. Such a young company doing so well not only on the sales floor, but on the track as well. It really kills Triumph's excuse of not having the $$$$ to back a race team. And for them to buy (correct me if I'm wrong) Cagiva, Moto Guzzi, and Laverda shows a genuine passion for motorcycles. They've got people lining up for their scooters in Europe, and I'm sure those people will look to Aprilia when it's time to step up to something bigger. I wish they had a product in the U.S. I could buy. I really like the RS50, but I don't have the $$$ to buy a toy, I need every day transport (you can't carry 2stroke oil on that 1000 mile weekend). Maybe I'll go get an Aprilia hat and call it close enough.*sigh*
thatguyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 04:04 AM   #5
static
Founding Member

Are the RSVs, the Falco, the Caponord, the Pegaso, and the Futura not to your liking?
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 04:25 AM   #6
thatguyjohn
Founding Member

The Falco and RSV's are super hot in my opinion, and could be usable everyday rides for my type of riding, but I can't pony up the $$$$. On my budget when a bike goes past $10,000 I get really apprehrensive. I strung out payments on my Speed Triple fpr so long I'll never get the loan right side up, and I won't do that to myself again. Sooner or later any bike gets kind of boring, but with a low payment I can keep adding performance parts, which keeps the bike interesting. I can't do that with a $13,000 motorcycle. *sigh*
thatguyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 05:48 AM   #7
v2-90
Founding Member

I know that Aprilia purchased Moto Guzzi, but I wasn't aware of them purchasing Laverda, and I'm almost sure they haven't purchased Cagiva. If they did, they would own about 6 different motorcycle lines. I don't know if even Aprilia would be able to make that successful.