Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 02-23-2001, 11:48 AM   #11
AdamMille-R
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia Opinions

I for one am happy to see Aprilia reaching out to the masses for opinions. This news only reassures me of my decision to buy their product. I picked up my 2001 RSV Mille R vin#11 last week and it is the most astonishing motorcycle I've ever encountered. I was looking to buy a Mille last summer but couldn't find the funds until recently. When I saw the pictures of the 01 models at the Munich bike show I went to the dealer the very next day with a deposit.

For those who have the chance to check one out I suggest you do. The build quality is amazing and these bikes must be seen in person to be really appreciated. I just hope these bikes don't become popular with the newbie crowd.
AdamMille-R is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2001, 01:00 PM   #12
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default So why don't you buy a BMW F650?

It's a rebadged Aprilia and one of the most versatile "every day transports" around.

BTW I've known guys who've done some serious cross-country touring on 2-strokers so the oil thing is not a problem (but their bikes were a little bigger than a RS50!)
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 02:22 PM   #13
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default Pit Bull

The pit bull is a good choice but don't rock it from side to side.
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 02:26 PM   #14
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default Re: So why don

The new F650Gs is not a rebadged Aprilia. The old f650 and the f650st were very much the same as the pegaso. One of the most reliable machienes I have seen for an all purpose bike too.
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 09:14 PM   #15
Dryfly
Registered Member

I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see a motorcycle company who actually cares what it's potential customers think. This type of forward thinking is probably why Aprilia is currently kicking some butt in the marketplace. I can only hope that someday the other major companies will pull their heads out of their rear ends and do the same thing. Then I might be able to inform the companies what I want.....A cruiser w/classic styling and accessories that are actually available. Also, most importantly an engine similar to the VTR Superhawk with about 150hp. Nice dream but why would any company listen to me? I'm only a potential customer!
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 11:43 PM   #16
thatguyjohn
Founding Member

I dug through my back issues of magazines and I was wrong about Cagiva being purchased. I was thinking of an article in a brit mag that compared the Cagiva Mito 50 and the Aprilia RS50. But Aprilia definitley bought Laverda and Guzzi. Sorry about the brain fart.
thatguyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 01:16 PM   #17
jlavey
Founding Member

See the top of the Aprilia page, there are icons for english and italian.
jlavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 10:45 PM   #18
James
Founding Member

Not really. Too large for me (I am a little guy). I would line up for an RS125 or RS2250!
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 11:51 AM   #19
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default Re: So why don

You are absolutely right the latest F650GS is a brand new bike that's *not* a Pegaso clone but appears to still share quite a few components, and would still fit the bill nicely for the kind of bike the original poster was looking to buy. FWIW there are plenty of the Pegaso-clone F650's around and some good buys out there. Because Beemerphiles scoff at them for not being "true" BMWs, very nice used F650's don't always command the outrageous prices you usually see for a cherry Beemer.
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote