Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Aprilia News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/aprilia-news/)
-   -   scooter trash (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/aprilia-news/2139-scooter-trash.html)

Buzglyd 09-30-2003 01:00 PM

Re: scooter trash

We goofball contributors need to stick together!

seruzawa 09-30-2003 01:26 PM

Oh great. Another opportunity to start a "Mods vs Rockers" flame war. My fingers twitch over the keyboard.

Does Aprilia offer a "Quadrophenia" package of accessory mirrors and "The Kids are Alright" stick on labels?

Or how about...

A lot of people are already riding scooters and don't know it. GoldWings, K1200LTs, Pacific Coasts. Sure look like scooters.

Seriously, the final insult is that these new large displacement scooters will kicka$$ on any 60's era Triumph or BSA. All we need is Billy Pilgrim phasing in and out to make this new topsy-turvy universe complete.

SeanAlexander 09-30-2003 01:26 PM

Though a 90mph scooter is nothing to joke about, that 500cc Aprilia that you were riding will actually go 103mph. (If you stand up, lean foreward and put your helmet against the windscreen and try to maintain a liminar flow over your helmet and arched back, while going downhille, drafting a Cadillac Esculade) Believe me, I know.

Steven_Verschoor 09-30-2003 01:42 PM

LOL, we need a picture of this!

KPaulCook 09-30-2003 01:53 PM

Bush is to blame

"I see so many people that I worked with at Boeing, and they're still unemployed just as I am," said Summers. She blames free trade and President George W. Bush for allowing U.S. companies to outsource overseas.

"I wish the government would really see what it is doing to the American people. We built this country, and I feel that they're letting it turn into almost a ghost town," she said.

The loss of 2.5 million manufacturing jobs since January 2001 has devastated factory towns across middle America, where once-dominant local employers are pulling up stakes and heading to Mexico or Asia in search of lower costs and cheaper labor.

derekb 09-30-2003 03:04 PM

I have ridden with madmotomike. As you can guess, we have some very interesting Sunday rides.

Agent0090 09-30-2003 03:04 PM

Re: Bush is to blame

Ummm, W-T-F???

Scooters, dude, scooters. Boeing doesn't make scooters. (Heeeeyyyyyy . . . . !)

rvfrules 09-30-2003 03:14 PM

Good fun. Now Mike just needs to learn how to use the cap key and space bar.

captainwhoopass 09-30-2003 03:15 PM

Re: Bush is to blame

"She blames free trade and President George W. Bush for allowing U.S. companies to outsource overseas."

The funniest thing I have heard this week. George Bush cannot legally stop either free trade or U.S. companies from outsourcing overseas. It's called capitalism- get used to it!

maxriderdon 09-30-2003 03:20 PM

Now that's a funny story! I would like to take a ride on one of the new super scooters. I'll bet there are a real blast. I bet if some of these gotta look cool dressed, gotta look cool brand motorcycle riders could ride one of these where they knew no one would see them they would be wearing a big grin. Tehehe!