Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aprilia News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Mille Factory R Track Test (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2059)

Nplateau 08-20-2003 09:22 PM

Re: Mille Factory R Track Test

Saving all of my pennies as we speak. Yossef rocks. Contrary to what seems to be popular opinion, I feel like my $12 is well spent on MO.

It's my birthday! Whoopee! And a nice article to read, too, oh what sweet joy!

pnerenberg 08-20-2003 09:25 PM

Oh man is that bike ever so sweet. I did see an '02 Mille R in the Santa Barbara Hon/Yam/Suz dealer for about $12.5k (they are *really* trying to get rid of it), but this new bike looks, in the words of my British friend, well fit. Glad to hear Yossef's alright and there are no injuries other than perhaps to his pride. I think that's super cool of Aprilia to try and get him back on the bike too. I hope after I finish college and then grad school (sometime later this decade) that Aprilia would be willing to hire a motorcycle/physics nerd like myself. They seem like an awesome company...I bet it would be a blast to work with those guys. Maybe then I'll drop y'all that 990 cc triple so the GSX-R1000 boys will have some competition. Hey, we all have dreams...

Anyway, this new bike really looks the part and seems to go like hell - anyone wanna spot me some $$$? Cheers Yossef, keep on bringin' us da good ish.

Paul

ycws 08-20-2003 11:59 PM

Well, Yossef, you ain't no real rider if you haven't had a decent stack. Good on ya! (Would love to have a highside that didn't cost me anything...)

But, tell me: you say there's so much feedback, why didn't you notice the departure of the rear wheel?

Some other thoughts: It's a pity the old tank size (my '99 Mille still has a decent 21litres) hasn't persevered.

And what's with the weight? Is it impossible to build a twin below 180kgs?

Have that street-test up soon and include mileage, wheelie-ability (is she willing in third?), and is that instrument panel better?

Regardless, I'm sooo gonna buy this bike!

saaz 08-21-2003 01:27 AM

Good review. I have always like Aprillias over that "other" brand (except perhaps the early round case Dukes).

I suppose I should applaud journalistic integrity as no shots of the alleged hotpants were included........

pated 08-21-2003 02:56 AM

Yossef may be the ONLY reason I renew my subscription, he's more interested in putting me on the motorcycle with him than spending 90% of the article telling me about himself. The rest of you writers could learn something from him. Thanks Yossef.

badsac 08-21-2003 03:52 AM

Nice test. Good job Yoseff.

I'm going out to get a second job tomorrow. THIS is the machine to get me riding again.

BTW, giveus some piccies of this supermodel dammit. You can't just build up our hopes of running eye over fine bike and babe only to get the former. :(

rc51zen 08-21-2003 04:38 AM

It kinda looks like the front of the RC51.

longride 08-21-2003 05:07 AM

So you get to ride that new Mille at the track, wad it into a little ball, don't get injured seriously, and don't have to pay for it. Nice work if you can get it. Fantastic article too.

SteadyRoller 08-21-2003 05:34 AM

If your real smart you will work for Boss Hoss. They bikes is more powerful than sissy bikes and they are made in the US of A.

Consider yourself taught.

SR

Kevin_Williams 08-21-2003 07:21 AM

I've had a Tuono for a few weeks now and the more I ride it the more I love it. I'm glad they chose to update and enhance their existing formula with this new RSV. I like their take on edging the frame out and that intake system looks to be damn sweet.