Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 07-29-2003, 06:29 PM   #61
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

Let me tell ya about those imaginary girls at the BMW rally..........
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2003, 06:35 PM   #62
ConsMillieR
Founding Member

I am a proud new owner of a 02 Millie R, yellow, blue oz, and I think that there were very few of these units shipped to us. I know that u can no longer get a yellow R in the states. Believe me, i first wanted a 749s but the dealship offered me a smoking deal on my mille. I am thrilled about the decsion I made, I absoulty love the new millie but I am going to be skeptical until I see it in person. What do u guys consider the best paint scheme?
ConsMillieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 06:44 PM   #63
gdrazek
Founding Member

Default Re: Czech It Out

Due to living in Russia right now, I consider myself an expert in Lada and Skoda dashboards.... and unfortunately driving a 4x4, not riding a bike.

From the day that I bought my Daytona I considered buying the helibars, and I probably should have. I commuted on it for 2 years and any traffic jam turned into a painful affair.

How hard would it be for the moto companies to offer 2 or three sets of handlebars/clip-ons when you purchased the cycle? (bars, brake lines and clutch cables) I'm sure most people would choose the higher set-up than what the companies are offering now.

There is always the option of buying the companies "softer" version. (i.e. YZF-600 over the R6), but they are really missing the point. The older bikes just don't look as cool as the newer ones. Looks matter! And I fully admit that I am never going to get the full performance out of the top level sportbikes and couldn't even ride the YZF-600 to its limit. But I want a motorcycle that is fun to ride and that I can stand about 10 feet from before and after the ride and drool all over myself about. And those are usually the top-level machines.

Just make them more comfortable! Anyone else agree with me?

gdrazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 07:35 PM   #64
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN A HONDA

If no had told me, and no stickers were present on the bike, and I were to sit there and look at it as an upcoming model, I would have totally thought that this was supposed to be a revamped RC-51 !!!!

You can not honestly tell me that this bike does not scream RC-51.

Jeez Louise, if I had to imagine what Honda's attempt at an updated and revised RC-51 were to look like, I would have imagined something this "new" Aprilia.

You can not with a straight face tell me that this is beautiful Italian design. This bike, as well as Pierre's 999 have ripped out a page from the Japanese book of design.

Don't get me wrong, I still love it, especially the dual exhausts, but if I'm going to pay a premium for an Italian bike, it better not look like something from Japan.

I guess the only real Italian stunner left (not counting the 998s of the world and the soon to be replace Mille) is the MV Agusta F4 soon to be F5.

BTW, Ninja 250 Rs rule hahhahahhahaha!!!
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 05:04 AM   #65
tshelver
Registered Member

Hmmm. Looks like all the comments favor looks over function.

Those busy-looking headlights should allow for more rapid night time progress: they kind of ape the current VFR headlights, but maybe that is because the Viffer throws a bunch of light down the road.

And the central mounting of the snorkel is there because it's the best position for it to develop more power.

Maybe y'all go should and buy a Harley or a 996/8 Ducati if you want the 'style'. Although personally I think both those bikes are looking a little old...
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 11:13 AM   #66
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: High tech my arse

Actually, I think inline four bikes have been around since the 20's or 30's. It's just that Honda revived them in the 60's with the CB750.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:17 AM   #67
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

Wow, aren't we the stuck up Italian elitist. You probably think that anyone who can't afford an Italian bike is a poser, right? Go actually talk to an R1 owner- most of them are nothing like the fantasy you described. I have news for you- the only posers out there are people like you who think that they are better motorcyclists because of what they ride.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:02 PM   #68
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Don't sweat it chief- he's just a wanker looking for something to whine about. Today it's MO, tomorrow it'll be something else.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:29 PM   #69
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Czech It Out

I'm sure that they would make them that way, if people were willing to pay another $500 per bike for two additional sets of cables and bars that they would never use, or wait six months for their bike. Unfortunately, people won't do that, so it will never happen. Aside from that, squids would never buy a sportbike with tall handlebars.

Also, I wouldn't want a set of tall handlebars on an R1 or R6 type bike- it wouldn't handle very well. There's a reason the bars are like that- it keeps the weight over the front wheel, which makes them handle better and less wheelie-prone.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:10 PM   #70
nbyers
Registered Member

Default R1 Helibars

Good point about the R1--the Helibars for it are only about an inch higher (although about an inch closer to the seat, which is WAY nicer for short or hedonistic people). And I'm not sure you'd want them much higher than that.

But on the other hand, is there something wrong with wheelies?
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote