Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 07-29-2003, 09:36 AM   #51
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I'm wrong.

Ok you make a great point. OK the Aprilia is a great bike.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2003, 11:02 AM   #52
rmiller
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

Well, not quite as pretty on film as I had hoped, but not bad either. Hopefully it'll be prettier in person. Seems rather derivative (read safe). Aprilia must have been scared off by the Terbleche Ducatis. Lots of complex curves, but the tank and seat seem to have been designed by one guy, and the fairing by another. Speaking of the front fairing, the air runner opening looks like it was inspired by that clitoral looking brain being from the movie Dune. Could have been much simpler. Not sure why the graphics continue to be inspired by web graphics, but what do I know. I was hoping for a downsized engine, but the original engine designer ran off and came up with the KTM 950 twin. Not that you can tell from this post, but I do like the bikes overall execution. I was simply hoping for a truely pivotal machine. They've had plenty of time (if not money).
rmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 01:30 PM   #53
justaspeedfreak
Founding Member

Mofo's? Upchuck? I belched and this is what came back up...

Where is the value-add content in this public domain information? Have the MO Peeps added any insightful information, have they done any digging, have they contributed an ounce of additional energy to this PR from Aprilia?

Seems to me our little MO Peeps have lost their way... I didn't pay for PD info. Give me something unique or keep it under your hats...
justaspeedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 02:00 PM   #54
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Go ahead and flame me!

Agreed. Cruisers all look the same to me. Ancient design V-Twin, Tank, Fenders, Foot forward controls thats about it for a cruiser.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 02:08 PM   #55
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Czech It Out

OK, OK, Skoda is Czech, not Russian.

I guess my imagination was writing Czechs my brain couldn't cash.

Right with you there on the Falco. I live about 4 blocks from an Aprilia/Moto Guzzi dealer. What great people--they love bikes in general and also the bikes that they sell. I'd like to buy an Aprilia to take advantage of their closeness and good attitude.

But I just can't deal with having to spend every ride looking at those miserable clocks that look like the corporate consequence of spending all the budget on those cool aluminum frames. "Hey, we can get a great deal on instruments from Lada!"

Your idea of optional clip-on heights is brilliant. Adjustable clip-ons might be too pricey/hard to engineer but what if when you went to the dealer, you could pick your set of clip-ons? I have an R1 (with Helibars--I ordered them the day I bought the bike). If riders could choose I bet not one in five would choose the standard clip-ons on the R1 which are low enough to be sorta like an extension of the front axle. Beautiful cast pieces, though. Much prettier than the Helibars.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 02:59 PM   #56
Dislodge
Founding Member

Default Original Content

At least they've started labelling press releases as such, instead of pretending to have created the content.

Seriously, this is a step in the right direction.
Dislodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 04:19 PM   #57
ebass
Founding Member

What you are looking at is 100% of the available info on this bike, the instant that the press embargo ended. We published more, sooner than any other publication on earth. The official press intro won't be for about a month, so until we can get on a bike, what else were you expecting? Imaginary riding impressions? OK. I can do that. "As I flew past Don Canet leaving him in a trail of sparks from my molten Mille pegs . . . "
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 05:16 PM   #58
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default High tech my arse

When any of these so proclaimed high tech bikes start running off of fuel sells then I'll agree they are high tech. Until then, all bikes are essentially the same. They burn gas, foot shift and all have disc brake technology. When I can breath or drink the clean exhaust by products then it "is" high tech. Lock yourself in a garage with a running Aprilia or a Harley or any other bike and you'll die of your high tech exhaust fumes. By the way, in-line fours have been around since the 60's and that is pretty old. Just don't give me that high tech jap vs low tech v-twin crapola. If you want to believe that then go ahead.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 06:15 PM   #59
ConsMillieR
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

Likewise, traded in my 2002 GSX-r 600 for a 02 Mille R and I am completely sold on twins from here on out
ConsMillieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 06:19 PM   #60
ConsMillieR
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

dude the aprilia is twice the bike than the R1, besides you don't have too get a shaved head, pump iron, and a barbed wire tatoo across your bicept to won one, like the retard clan r1 cult. R1=posers for straight line riding
ConsMillieR is offline   Reply With Quote