Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 07-28-2003, 01:04 PM   #21
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: 2003 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

Burns in a Vader voice "KPaul I am your father"

No I am not bitter. Why would me who hates all racing V-Twins like Vs in the morning? Now if it was Is as in inlines then you might have something.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2003, 01:05 PM   #22
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Finally a voice of reason

Good post Bad Cop.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:06 PM   #23
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Kook a doodle doo!

I can only hand out so many free passes you know.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 01:08 PM   #24
EbonFlame
Founding Member

Always was a sucker for a redhead. Seriously, though, this thing's quite the looker. Beautiful bike!

Okay, so I'm one of those weirdos who liked the Duc Multistrada, so you all might tell me to go to hell with my styling comments, but I think the new tailsection is striking... love the twin exhausts, too. The whole rest of the bike, from the swingarm to the body panels is pure sex appeal. The only improvements I'd make are the headlights. While not quite up to par with the beauty of the rest of the bike, they're still pretty enough, (I'll agree with you all on the honda-like part) and I think it's quite an improvement from the previous model, which was one of the things that kept me from drooling over little Miss Mille as my own dream ride.

So now I've got something to dream over, for when in my little fantasy world my '02 SV650 becomes a more track-day-dedicated machine, this beauty would be a lovely addition to my stable.

Of course, that's the fantasy world. In the real world, I'm a broke college student, the RSV's overgunned for me, and I haven't yet seen the track. I'm hoping to do so soon; I'll post a query about that (and my questions about my readiness) next.

But someday, she will be mine.
EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 01:13 PM   #25
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Throw in the towel now

You know I am right.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:21 PM   #26
mattg
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

Pierre Terblanche should pay closer attention to whats going on in his own country. Aprilia has come up with a design that puts Ducati to shame. Now lets hope that it performs as well as it looks.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:48 PM   #27
fastducatirider
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

Not sure where the designer of the Mille is from, but my guess is that it isn't from South Africa, where Terblanche is from.

fastducatirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 01:56 PM   #28
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Did They Run Out of Blue Paint?

OK, the new Mille has beautiful lines.

The old Mille and the Tuono look like they were patched together using leftover parts (the gauges in particular seem to be surplused from the Russian manufacturer Skoda). They're such a mishmash of shapes that it almost creates a style of its own. Almost.

I especially like the new tailsection of the Mille which in its own way is designed as nicely as the R1 (even though it looks completely different).

But what's with the paint? Did Aprilia get a batch deal with the paint for the Honda 919? Lead gray? Magnet gray? Matte black? These motorcycle things are supposed to be FUN, folks!

nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 02:17 PM   #29
BiZ
Founding Member

I'm not sure Scott, but I think it might be a requirement to have a job before you go out and purchase a brand new aprilia.

I think I read that somewhere. If not, someone should right that down, so that I can say I read that somewhere.
BiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 02:48 PM   #30
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Fairing sides are a little slabby also...they look like they were designed by Sharkskinz. I love how they tout the .006 improvement in aredynamics and the 3% gain in power at maximum speed- like anyone on the street will ever be able to feel that. All in all a pretty ho-hum update, with nothing special, except the styling, which is subjective.