Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 06-23-2003, 11:28 AM   #21
lesmesa
Founding Member

Default Re: VFR/Futura Question

Check out http://pub165.ezboard.com/fapriliaforumfrm18
for nice used Futuras. While Aprilias are awesome bikes and extremely reliable, you take a pretty big hit the first couple years for depreciation. (partially because of cash back rebates on new ones, and year end leftovers) Plus, there are way too few dealers, and Aprilia USA (I'm told) only has 15 employees in the US. This can make it tough to get parts in a hurry. Check out Apriliaforum.com for quite possibly the best owners forum on the web, an excellent source for parts and bikes new and used, and a ton of people that're more than happy to answer any Aprilia question you have in excrutiating detail, pics included. I've learned more about and done more mods to my Tuono than any other bike I've owned, thanks to the cats on the Forum, Ed & Micah at AF1 Racing & Ken Zeller at evoluzione.net - (buy the Futura)
lesmesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2003, 12:16 PM   #22
Alaskan18724
Founding Member

6'4", 235-ish. Buy the FJ. Buy the FJ. Wait around until you find an FJ and buy the heck out of the sucker. Always loved Interceptors, want really badly to like Aprilias. Buy the freaking FJ.

Any questions?
Alaskan18724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:20 PM   #23
Mashuri
Founding Member

I test-rode both and chose the VFR. I'm 5'9" however and come from riding race-replicas. The Futura is definitely more comfortable but you might want to consider a Sprint ST as well. My stepdad is 6'1" and absolutely loves his. If you're heavy it has more power than the VFR and Futura so that's something to consider as well. BTW, the VFR does have fueling glitches but a PCIII made mine run as well as my '02 R1. In other words, perfectly.
Mashuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:44 PM   #24
VMan_1
Founding Member

Thanks for the offer!! Also own a Speed Triple, a KLR 650, and yes, even a cruiser; a Titan Gecko with 113 inch motor. I enjoy each for what it is (though to be honest, I don't ride the Titan much due to "associations" that I really don't like).

VMan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:50 PM   #25
VMan_1
Founding Member

Oooppps. Forgot one: a 2000 Ducati Mh900e, #003.
VMan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:05 PM   #26
DialedIN
Founding Member

Have you checked out any of the naked bikes that are out there? I'm 6'2" and the high side of 250 with a 34 " inseam. The VFR of a friend of mine felt cramped for me. I just traded in a 1994 ZX 11 that I put 65,000 miles on for a ZRX1200R The Blue with silver wheels.(dang wallet wouldn't let me spend 10 grand on a bike.) The only other bike that felt just right for me was the Yamaha FZ1, they sell fairing lowers for it now too. The price of the FZ1 is alot lower than the VFR. If you just got to spend 10 grand, the ZZR-1200 is a awesome ride, and looks real smooth with corbin beatle bags on it.
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:25 PM   #27
SmokeU
Registered Member

WOW
Old 06-23-2003, 01:43 PM   #28
The_People
Founding Member

Default Re: I don't believe this.

I agree!!!!

It's really all about the Concours.

-The People
Old 06-23-2003, 03:35 PM   #29
jbravo1
Founding Member

I love Hondas and wanted to buy a new VFR but didn't. Here were my reasons:

1. The bike is 100 lbs heavier than it needs to be! Your know darn well Honda could make it lighter, I guess Vtec was more important.

2. The bike needs a full 1000cc!

I owned a 2001 Bandit 1200 that used 10 year old technology but weighed about the same as the little 781cc VFR. It made the same peak HP as the VRF with a whole lot more torque. I just couldn't justify the extra $3000 for such a technically advanced bike with lackluster performance.
jbravo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 04:37 PM   #30
pushrod
Founding Member

Man! I don't know if I'm jealous or relieved!

So, do you keep all the keys in a jar, then close your eyes and pull one out?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote