Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

View Poll Results: Does Colin Edwards have the right stuff for MotoGP?
Like, duh, of course 146 19.60%
You forgot to compare Edwards to an SV650 28 3.76%
My pants are too tight 10 1.34%
He's smooth, but slow 9 1.21%
Momma says Capirossi knocks him out! 21 2.82%
He'll punk those clowns! 48 6.44%
446 59.87%
37 4.97%
Voters: 745. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2002, 06:45 AM   #31
Burgbilly1
Registered Member

Default Re: Interview with the Champ: Colin Edwards @MO

Once again motorcycle online trumps the Motorcyclist and Cycle World in getting an interview with the WSB champ. Congratulations to Colin. The last part of the season was truly amazing to watch. I remember watching the final two races after work. I was whooping and hollering so loud that I'm sure I woke my neighbors. I had to kind of pity the people who watch NASCAR, CART, and F1. I used to be real big into all of those, more so than WSB. Now they look just like glorified parades, ecspecially (sp) Formula 1. The only racing on 4 wheels I really watch with regularity is the WRC, and mostly to see if Colin McRae tosses it into the hedges after a brilliant run. Anyway to get to the real point I have always felt that WSB was the better of the 2 racing series ( the second being GP). WSB always seemed like the Roger Clinton or Billy Carter of the two. Not as polished as their older brothers, but definitely the ones you want to party with. The racing was always closer, Americans were competitive, and there's something about watching guys race bikes that are theoretically sitting down in on your dealers floor. So with all the talent and money flowing towards GP I really fear for the future of WSB. I'm not saying it's going to go away but I wonder if it will still be the same series. And unless something has changed that I don't know about I'll still have Ben Bostrom to root for. (Last year when he won 5 in a row I made a bet with a friend that I'd tattoo Ben's 155 on my back if he won the championship).
Burgbilly1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2002, 08:50 PM   #32
roxysdad
Founding Member

Go Collin. My interest in motorcycle racing has not been greater since Wayne Rainey was injured and Kevin Schwantz retired. Several of us made the long trip to Monterey last summer and watching him win the 2nd race was, well, magic. Get the Bostrom boys up on the podium more and all will be well with the world.

Thanks, MO, for the article. It just goes to show that you spank the other bike rags when it comes to stuff like this. They just can't compete. Long live MO and long live Burns.

I have yet to pray for a motorcycle, but this next season I just might. Go Aprilia, and go Collin!

roxysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 05:21 PM   #33
crg
Founding Member

Well, maybe I am reading your post wrong, but the brothers Bostrom will not be in WSB next year.

Eric is moving from Kawi to Honda in AMA, and Ben is coming back to the states, just can't remember what he will be riding in AMA next/this year.

That aside, they will still be riding 1000cc bikes that dealerships sell similar models of, albeit $100,000 cheaper models...

crg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:41 AM   #34
Burgbilly1
Registered Member

No I hadn't heard that Ben was coming back to the states. So many changes since the end of the season. I guess that's why they call it the silly season.

Burgbilly
Burgbilly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 02:47 PM   #35
dichotomy
Founding Member

Eric is staying with Kaw and Ben is riding Nicky's old SP-2 Honda.
dichotomy is offline   Reply With Quote