Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 12-06-2002, 08:04 AM   #31
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Laverda SFC 1000

Just imagine the market for this stuff if the dotcom market hadn't gone tits up! Bet I coulda easily found venture capital to build the Fischer in that case.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2002, 08:13 AM   #32
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: brochure copy ... errrggggg.

In fairness to MO, most of their e-zine competition do the same (although MCN today as an actual article about this bike -- albeit a short one). Still, if MO or any other motorcycle e-zines intend to replace, rather than just supplement, the print rags, they are gonna have to do more real reporting.

In this case, I believe that they are justified in printing this thing purely for its entertainment value!
Old 12-06-2002, 08:22 AM   #33
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Road-going Cube

Yeah, that would be a trip! Especially if they keep the pnumo valves and all. Poor KPaul and dlinder wouldn't be able to brag about the technical superiority of Japanese inline 4s!
Old 12-06-2002, 08:35 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

this is just a restyled Tuono, with a steel trellis frame. The only thing about it that is remotely Laverda is the paint....

Tain't gonna matter to the white wine "look at me I'm on an exclusive Italian racebike" crowd as they ride wriggling lines up and down Hollywood Blvd in their red leathers in July. Or would Santa Monica Blvd be more their style?

"Look at me, I'm on an EXOTIC ITALIAN BIKE (that I wouldn't dare risk dropping so I'm gonna just do cruising on it)."

At least the Harley guys are actually doing what they appear to be doing...cruising. These exoticbike posers are worse in my book.

Which is more idiotic? Road racing on a BigTwin or boulevard cruising on an Italian Racebike? Sounds 50-50 to me.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:59 AM   #35
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Press Release: Bob per costruirlo un motorsickle

Dude you're hysterical but you've got way too much time on your hands!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:04 AM   #36
rsheidler
Founding Member

Dunno, I think a DynaSport with a bit of suspension tweaking (including longer shocks for some cornering clearance) could at least be fun for track days -- I don't think I'd actually try race it, unless some club set up a suitable class -- so I'd have to say that cruising on an Italian racebike wins the idiotic challenge hands down.

I wonder how many of these guys will ever knock the mold nipples off the outer 1-1/2 inch of their tires? Hey, this is a great opportunity for the guys who race on DOT tires to unload their takeoffs -- and for the poseurs to sport tires well-worn to the very edges without having to actually lean the bikes over!
Old 12-06-2002, 10:12 AM   #37
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

Looks kinda like Honda's NAS & VFR and Kawasaki's new ZX-6RR & Z1000...

What good is it without a parallel twin or a triple engine? Gather more budget and do some homework please, Mr. Aprilia.

SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:14 AM   #38
santambrogio
Founding Member

Default I could be a 'cut & paste' from here:

http://www.motonline.com/MainApp/mol... 0686611832579

with the help of an online translator.

Difference here is that Motonline is free.
santambrogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:33 AM   #39
xlr8r
Founding Member

Well, it's a nice bike, and I expect it will perform the way it should, but it's not a Laverda. It's a parts-bin special from the Aprilia group, and Laverda is just another brand to them. Laverdas, whether twins or triples, have always had inline engines, and this V-twin is all wrong for the marque. Triumph can make a triple, so why can't Aprilia? Plus, Laverdas were always massive in appearance, very solid and tall. This isn't. But it's orange, and I suppose that's something...
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 11:42 AM   #40
jmaracing
Founding Member

I think this bike is beautiful and couldn't care less that "real" Laverdas are inlines. They have been twins, and no reason not to bow to more current technology. Otherwise, you have--Harley. The question is, when are they coming to the U.S. and how much will they be?

j-m
jmaracing is offline   Reply With Quote