Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 12-06-2002, 07:17 AM   #21
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Press Release: Bob per costruirlo un motorsickle

Gabe, I almost peed myself laughing at this. Do you really write Italian or just run this through one of those translation programs? I don't read enough Italian to tell?

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2002, 07:26 AM   #22
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default sex with their prototype machines

There used to be a kid in our neighborhood who supposedly had sex with household pets -- after reading neko's comment above (about the taillight looking like his cat's ass) and your comment about the marketing department having sex with their prototype machine, I think it likely that this kid grew up to work in Aprilia's PR department!
Old 12-06-2002, 07:34 AM   #23
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Laverda SFC 1000

When I first read this, I had a nagging feeling that there was something familiar in the writing -- after reading comments here, and then carefully rereading the release, I think I have it. Where I have encountered this writing before is in the works of none other than our own, beloved .......The Highwayman! Clearly, his day job is a flack in Aprilia's PR department!

If this is not the case, the only other plausible explanation is that both are recent graduates of the same PR correspondence school.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:46 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

With all the people with more money than brains willing to pay insane prices for used Harleys and 20K for Italian exotics it's not surprising that other manufacturers are coming up with super-expensive exotica.

If people are dumb enough to belly up to the bar and pay outrageous prices for an aura of "exclusivity", why not squeeze them for all its worth? Wish I could find a way to cash in on idiots willling to pay thousands of dollars for exotic bikes of very limited superiority, if any.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:08 AM   #25
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default brochure copy ... errrggggg.

it is very unbecoming when a news publication cuts and pastes brochure copy. you guys lose massive credibility when you do that. give it to me straight, without the spin. i'm a big boy.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:21 AM   #26
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Affordable Laverda?

MCN reports today that expected price for this limited edition will be around 20,000 Pounds Sterling (US$~31,500), with a more mundane version to follow at around 11,000 Pounds ~$17,000. Actual US prices, if it comes here, may differ.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:39 AM   #27
dlinder
Founding Member

I agree...

To me that thing is horrendously ugly.

Of course I don't really care for half faired bikes and streetfighters in general (unless it's a Tuono, that one is pretty trick, although I personally wouldn't buy it). It's hard to find a recent fully faired bike that's really ugly, in my opinion... I even like the Triumph 600. Ooops, forgot about the 999, though.

Yet and still, I do like that Laverda orange...
dlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:45 AM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Psychic?

And I have a good friend who's last name is Laverdiere. I'm going to encourage him to buy this bike!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:45 AM   #29
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default THM

That's what I was thinking....

Philip
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:00 AM   #30
rsheidler
Founding Member

I personally like the styling of the bike, cat's ass taillight and all (but then, I like brussels sprouts too, so my tastes may not be mainstream), but I agree, this is just a restyled Tuono, with a steel trellis frame. The only thing about it that is remotely Laverda is the paint. If they called it an Aprilia, I'd want one (not at +$30 grand, however), but in ain't a friggin Laverda.