Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 12-05-2002, 10:03 PM   #11
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Press Release: Bob per costruirlo un motorsickle

Bob, un certo tipo che vive giù laggiù, sta progettando costruirlo un motorsickle un momento presto. Il motorsickle è descritto dalle fonti vicino a Bob come avendo le rotelle, una struttura e certo genere di motore. Bob è stato coinvolgere pesante nei motorsickles per gli anni, in primo luogo guidanti uno all'etÃ* di dodici. Ha continuato a comprare uno all'etÃ* di 37 ed ora ha messo oltre 1200 miglia su esso durante 16 anni della proprietÃ*. Gli accreditamenti tecnici del Bob includono 32 anni dei distributori automatici d'assistenza della soda di esperienza e 3 semestri di metallo acquistano all'universitÃ* della ComunitÃ* de Akron. È considerare come il vol-pescatore più fine in 4 contee. Anche se i fornitori ancora non sono stati scelti per fornire elettrico, la sospensione, le rotelle, il gruppo motopropulsore o i componenti del telaio, Bob lo conosce desidera la bici avere mandarino-si sfaldano vernice come ha visto in una copia "dei partiti di Biker" che ha visto ad un deposito di liquore locale. Bob finora si è alzato oltre 1,1 cento dollari del capitale di investimento. La produzione è prevista per cominciare martedì prossimo, se il cugino Norville del Bob prende il suo EL Camino che è stato nel garage del Bob dall'ultima estate.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2002, 04:29 AM   #12
szazbo
Registered Member

Default Re: Laverda SFC 1000

As a former owner of a Laverda RGA Jota 1000 (customized to look like an RGS), I always felt that the marque was "a sport bike for big men". My Jota was very large, very fast and very beautiful. The new SFC appears to be 2/3 of what my Jota was. The pictures give no sense as to how large it is, or if it's even appropriate for "big men" (I'm 6'4" and 225 lbs of speed and romance). No matter, you have a winner here. I expect you to sell every one you produce. I'm making room in my garage, just in case.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:56 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Prestige mechanics make the Laverda SFC 1000 a truly exclusive machine.

Are the mechanics delivered in a limousine after Finishing School?

The Laverda story reached its peak in the sixties and seventies with the 750 SFC sports twins that in competition form won unforgettable victories in the massacring endurance races of the day.

Did they really? I forgot.

Very little plastic is used, leaving pride of place to aluminium, titanium and carbon components.

You can see all those litle bits puffing their little chests out.

Its unmatched technical and stylistic prestige is emphasised by the fact that the SFC 1000 will only be made in a few hundred numbered examples.

As opposed to the rest of us who have to be satisfied with motorcycles that don't have serial numbers.

Acceleration is therefore at unbeatable, but even more exceptional is the control with which the SFC powers out of bends.

I am at wit's end. Usually you get out of the bends in a decompression chamber. Deep sea divers will love this bike!

The rigorously single seat SFC delivers exhilarating muscle but in a magnetically attractive form.

Too easy.

It is pure style, technology and exhilaration rolled into one and combines an exceptional chassis with the best twin cylinder engine there is for an absolutely unrivalled ride.

Modesty is not an Italian trait apparently.

The Italians try very hard, but they can't top the Japanese as you can see at www.engrish.com

Old 12-06-2002, 05:01 AM   #14
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Press Release: Bob per costruirlo un motorsickle

That's really funny!

Bob kicks ass. I'm sure his new motorcycle is going to rule. Where can I purchase Bob merchandise?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 05:31 AM   #15
intruderman
Founding Member

Default fawning language of press release

Sheesh! All that slobbering and drooling language in the press release makes me want to hurl! You'd think it was the Second Coming. I think Laverda's marketing department is having sex with their prototype machines.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 05:47 AM   #16
biker_911
Registered Member

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but is this bike FUGLY or what! Other than a classic name, what's better about this bike than an Aprilla? I think sometimes the manufacturers are trying to capitalize on a classic name, without paying any attention to what made the original machine desirable.
biker_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 06:03 AM   #17
pmmonster
Founding Member

I hope you're a rider of old Triumphs not of the new Hinckley breed to be slinging shots about styling around. I wouldn't accuse Triumph's lineup of being FUGLY so much as bland (Speed quattro or whatever the 600 is called is an exception - that is truly hideous) I personally like the Laverda and the PR copy is a crack up. The trick is to stop reading before the gag reflex kicks in.
pmmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 06:09 AM   #18
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Psychic?

>>I posted a comment about the Fischer saying at least they weren't calling it the new Laverda and then this article comes out<<

Almost spooky, ain't it?
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 06:12 AM   #19
maynard
Founding Member

amen brother---Aprillia is sitting on the cube 3cyl-----now that is the proper motor to bring back the brand
maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 06:15 AM   #20
mconlon
Founding Member

They shoulda teamed up with MZ to develop and use the new MZ parallel twin. It would have been much truer to previous Laverdas. Although, keep in mind, that one of the last Laverda models that was either produced or at least shown in prototype form was the Lynx, utilizing the SV 650 V-twin, with a similar frame design to this new bike--trellis front, cast rear. Interesting bike, but just like the Fisher bike, wake me when they develop a proprietary engine... a supercharged 750 twin would certainly have been more appropriate...

mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote