Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Aprilia News

Old 04-17-2002, 08:39 PM   #61
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Beans, Beans...

T_A_H,

We'll test the Firebolt when Buell has one ready. There has apparently been a delay in getting bikes for some reason. CW just got one specially prepped for an article they were doing last week, and we should have the first production one "by the end of the month" I'm told. So, as soon as we get it, you'll read about it, hear it, and have a chance to flame it or maybe even profess your love for it.

As for the budget stuff, we've got a budget Kawi posting tomorrow (Thursday) and have more stuff like that in the works. We've also been wanting to do a naked 2,3,4 test which should be cool. Also, we'll have an FJR next week, so look for the test of that bike soon thereafter.

Oh, and we'll have a Suzuki V-strom as well here Friday (test pretty soon) and we'll do some sort of "others" test in the (near?) future as well.

Keep up the good feedback guys. Let us know what you want and we'll try to bring it to ya.

Oh, almost forgot, for you cruiser guys, we're getting a CVO Road King soon and have some other cruiser stuff in the works as well as stand-alone tests of a new Indian and something new and different.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2002, 10:26 PM   #62
Huss
Founding Member

Default De-restricted part deux

Okay, so I sauntered down to the local Aprilia dealership today in good old Marine Layer Del Rey. A salesman looks at me, I say " is this Mille R a 2002?" he points to the id sticker on the frame confirming it is. So I say "do you still have to de-restrict it?", and he says yes and in fact the one he bought just the other day for his own use was going to be power-upped that lunch break. Hmmm...
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 07:03 AM   #63
RickZ
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks for the graphs.

I agree with that. The dyno is one of the best objective tests we can get. We should see one with every bike tested.

BTW, what's up with the massive hole in the torque/hp curve between 5k and 7k? The sharp drop at the top of the band is the restrictive stock pipe, easily fixed with an aftermarket can, but that midrange hole is pretty nasty! Think the chip swap will fix that?

Will we see the before/after dyno results when you do the pipe & chip swap?
RickZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 08:15 AM   #64
yogre
Founding Member

Default Mille Std vs R Comparo

This has been asked but not quite answered:

How about a Mille Vs Mille R comparo?

In fact, the compero's I'd like see are:

Mille R vs 998 (standard)

Mille vs RC51

Mille vs Mille R

The first 2 are based on similar price range.

The last one will bridge the gap nicely and show what the price difference is really about.

BTW, I own a brand new '01 Mille R. If you are lucky, you can still find one of these for a price only slightly higher than a '02 Mille. Mine was $17K out the door.
yogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 08:27 AM   #65
yogre
Founding Member

Default Re: Power in the right places?

Abe,

I think he means:

"streetbikes twins vs fours"

is sorta like

"GP 2 stroke vs 4 stroke"

twins deliver power different that fours

compares to

2 stroke delivers power differently than 4 stroke.

At least this is how I read it.

I really don't know how 2-stroke power delivery compares to 4-stroke. Perhaps it is simmilar because 2 stroke deliver twice as many power strokes than 2 stroke, same as fours vs twins...

Old 04-18-2002, 08:29 AM   #66
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Track day (from Mr. Subliminal)

That would be a great idea (Road Atlanta). I would definitely come (Road Atlanta).
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 08:31 AM   #67
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia Mille-R Reader Feedback

You know, they only care about the latest and greatest. I'm expecting Suzuki to replace the TLR with something new in 2003.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:35 AM   #68
intruderman
Founding Member

Default V Strom

I saw a V strom last week, and except being way too tall for my 29 inch inseam, I love it. I really want to see it compared to the BMW version and the triumph Tiger.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:39 AM   #69
yogre
Founding Member

Default Re: De-restricted part deux

From what I understand, you still need to derestrict the '02's but unfortunatly, you can't do it by simply cutting a wire etc' you need to get ir re-chiped which is a significant expense. This was one of the factors in my decision to go with a '01 R vs a '02 std. The price would have been almost even with the new chip but the R offered a load of goodies
Old 04-18-2002, 09:48 AM   #70
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia Mille-R Reader Feedback

Ive passed you on the freeway before! Do you have a roadcrafter? If not thats what you need. Wear the MTB gear under and just unzip. Stuff it into one of your bags and your done, ten seconds from bike to bike. Well a shoe change is in order and putting the wheels on. I was going to buy an RT but my legs were too long for the faring. Just like on the honda ST my knee's went into the farings... My RS fits like a glove but granted it doesnt have as good of a rack on it. More of a joke really...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote