Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 01-03-2002, 06:00 PM   #1
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: An interview with JamSports

Lotsa big words in this article. Not much reassurance that the 2003 will big asa it is today, though.

The fact that I am the first poster to this article is part of the reason that I am waffling on subscribing.

Good luck, guys.

Pete P.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2002, 07:22 PM   #2
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Default Re: An interview with JamSports

Well, it looks like the deal kinda sucks if you're in St. Louis and a lot of other fly-over parts of the country. The 2003 Jam list excluded us.

I guess if you're from the midwest, you can't make a sport grow. Not saying I know that's wrong, but...

I can say I've had dealings with some Clear Channel owned media outlets in my business, and they have all pretty much sAcked. It doesn't surprise me at all that they blew the relationship with AMA Pro Racing.

JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:25 PM   #3
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Default Supercross is supercross.

I've travelled to 3 midwestern cities, other than my native St. Louis to see it because I've kept up with the riders since I was a kid.

The show-biz part of Pace Supercross (now assimilated into the Borg-like Clear Channel) was always kinda dorky and the promotions all looked like monster trucks and other silly schtuff. Hopefully that will get better.

The only thing that makes supercross a cool thing to see, is the racing. Not the loud-mouth announcers and other "promoter-oriented stuff" you have to sit through to get to the racing.

The point of this rambling (when I should be working) is... two promoters can hurt the sport by splitting up the riders and the audience. But there is little more that we should worry about because as long as the riders are there and the track is good... it's the best stadium sport on earth.

JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote