Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 11-02-2000, 11:28 AM   #1
Tim
Founding Member

Default Re: Roger Lee Hayden to Erion Honda

I think hayden, will do great, you got to take into perspective, that he is six-teen, and honda can give him the equiptment he needs to become a good racer. Even though I am against "big bad honda", they seem to spend the money on their racers, which is a good thing.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2000, 12:11 PM   #2
wickdgsxr
Founding Member

Roger Lee is 17 not 16, and whats this about a 125/250 title?

I'm sure he'll make a good edition to the team. He's really been busting butt...getting in as much practice time as he can at the races. As you know, Josh was moved to the Bruce Trans team.
wickdgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2000, 06:14 PM   #3
Colorado_F4
Registered Member

What's up with Josh's transfer? Is that a "demotion" or what?
Colorado_F4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 04:31 AM   #4
marc
Founding Member

erion brothers have developed some great riders & been sucessful in their racing endeavors. spotting up & coming talent is a real art, & it looks like the hayden family is the midwest's roberts family. must be genetic, you think? good luck, roger, give us a good show next season!
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 05:10 AM   #5
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default LUCK

How do they do it? I want a factory ride. Just gona have to bust some serious ass next year!

Best of luck.
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 07:18 AM   #6
stevegrab
Founding Member

Good point about Nicky and Jason back at Hypercycle. I was just getting into motorcycling and racing when he started. I was very upset when they had all the controversy about some rule infractions, which cost them some results. Nicky was already looking like a future champ that year.

You're right about neither Roger nor Tommy being as talented as Nicky. But why does that mean they shouldn't get a ride on a good team.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 07:21 AM   #7
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: LUCK

If you're just a club racer you're going to have to move some, and race more nationals or become a privateer racer in the national series. Not many factory teams (or satelite teams like Erion) hire straight club racing. Even if you are a very fast guy and do well.

I'm not flaming you, saying you're too slow, or I am better. Just a fact, club racers don't get much attention, unless they do well against the bigger name talent.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 02:07 PM   #8
wickdgsxr
Founding Member

well i wouldn't say it was a demotion. He's not really happy about it, but he's still getting payed by honda (and a raise). He says he wants to smoke "thriller miller", all in good fun i'm sure. Josh mad? hehe..no way
wickdgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2000, 04:19 AM   #9
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default Re: LUCK

Thanks for the insight. I am racing in some nationals this year, and will hopefully get noticed. Club racer is just my pen name.
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2000, 03:53 PM   #10
john
Founding Member

Apparently 6 other witnesses on the plane defended the haydens position, and they were cleared of any wrongdoing, which would make an apology unnecessary. From that news article a long-ass time ago, it seems Northwest is just a ****ty airline and this is not an uncommon incident.