Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 10-29-2001, 08:53 AM   #1
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Good Job, Tom and Munroe!

Kudos to Tom for sticking with it and riding like a champ! And kudos to Munroe motors, for sponsoring a national champion! Most motorcycle shops won't sponsor even a club racing team (especially the big Japanese dealer in San Francisco), much less a championship national racer!

I think the US motorcycle industry would be a very different place if all the shops and dealers had such enthusiasm and love for our sport...unfortunately, that's not the case.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2001, 01:08 PM   #2
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Good Job, Tom and Munroe!

Kudos to Simi Valley Honda, for sponsoring me in my quest for the 2001 CCS California Region Amateur Championship.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:49 AM   #3
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati and Montano thwart Buell

We can put a man on the moon. We're the last Superpower on Earth. But we can't build a competitive racing motorcycle.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 06:01 PM   #4
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default The buell wasn't made to be.

That was supposed to be the point of pro thunder. There's no way to keep a 748 because rules mostly just regard the way the motor is built. But there's no way to build a bike around a long, sprawled out and bulky 1957 engine design that SHOULD be able to compete with a clean sheet design made for the track. Not in road racing, no matter how much displacement you give the old school lump. The fact that the Buells can compete with the 748's at all shows how much intelligence has gone into their design, and into racing them.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 06:03 PM   #5
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default That should've said...

there's no way to keep a 748 OUT of pro thunder. They don't belong there any more than 600 supersport bikes do. Pro thunder was supposed to be for non-repliracer sportbikes, to give less focused bikes a chance to compete.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote