Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 08-26-2001, 03:40 PM   #11
scott817
Registered Member

Default Re: Scott Russell to race again

AMEN Sheri,

It looks like some people just don't think before they type. Give my best to Scott and I pray he does better and gets back into the circuit soon. My best to you and your family!!

Scott Jackson
scott817 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2001, 12:28 PM   #12
Sheri
Founding Member

Thank you very much for for your kind words towards Scott's recovery and return to racing. It has been a dream realized for him.

You pose this question :

What would I have people think about dollar signs? Scott has had flashy suits since 1991 when he and Troy Lee became good friends. Troy is an artist and designed the suit with the notion in mind that Scott winning was like money in the bank, you could bet on it.

I can promise you that he, as I am sure is the case with most riders, did not get into this sport to reap the monetary rewards. They love riding and enjoy the competition. It just turns out that nowadays it can be lucrative as well, which if you have been following this sport for quite a while, you know that this has not always been the case. Scott actually paid for his first 3 rides, and as his skill level and results continued to increase his salary followed suit. This should be a natural progression in any field. (I realize that it is not) You are correct, it is not an inherent rite, it is a priviledge reserved for the best in the sport. Nor do I dismiss your reference to others working for the greater good of society, their financial earnings should far exceed those of sports professionals. However, my comments were directed toward Scott and the others out there involved within this industry.

Thank you - Sheri

Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 03:47 AM   #13
Sheri
Founding Member

Thank you Rod!

Sheri
Old 08-28-2001, 04:00 AM   #14
Sheri
Founding Member

Scott,

Thanks so much for your prayers and support. These are the things that have sustained us throughout this difficult time.

I will pass your message to Scott this afternoon. It's funny how he is genuinely blow away each time I tell him that I received a message like yours. He can not believe how many people out there care about his progress and return to the track. He's really not a bad guy, I promise!

Thanks again,

Sheri