Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Mid-Ohio Thriller to Hayden (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/759-mid-ohio-thriller-hayden.html)

Chester 07-23-2001 07:04 AM

Re: Mid-Ohio Thriller to Hayden

Mladin had a 1-2 finish, so he won the most points. And why does everyone have such a hard-on for Hayden? People were going awol when he passed Mladin. Big deal.

MoMo 07-23-2001 07:09 AM

Mid Ohio Rocks the Hut

I was at Fridays practice & qualifying session. Mid Ohio is sweet. I'll tell you who is truly the best rider out there. It is by far Bostrom. He rode in the 750 SuperBike, 750 SuperSport, and 600 Supersport practices. He put in more laps than anybody. He absolutly dominated the 750 Supersport practice. I, for one, have much more respect for Eric B.

MoMo 07-23-2001 07:12 AM

privateers

Congrats to Akron native Doug Duane and the whole Fasttax team for a great effort at Mid Ohio this weekend!

And don't forget Tony DiNicola. He kicked ass too.

stevegrab 07-23-2001 07:19 AM

Yeah, you're right Mladin was the big winner, with a 1-2, over Hayden's 1-3.

Nicky Hayden is a young phenomenal rider. The fans love him because he rides hard, and rarely whines about things like Mladin does. Besides, Mladin has won 2 championships, already won race 1, and to top it off he isn't American. Who do you expect to have bigger fan support?

I was one of those people screaming for Nicky when he passed Mat the last time (ok, I was screaming for him after I heard the fans in the grandstands go nuts, and then saw him come through turns 7-8 ahead of Mladin. I also was a big fan of Nicky Hayden when he first started road racing at age 16 for the Hypercycle Suzuki team.

Also consider the fans were happy to have a nice race for the second Superbike race. Race 1 was mostly a parade after 5-10 laps, with the top 4 just riding around in the same order, not very close to each other.

stevegrab 07-23-2001 07:24 AM

Re: Mid Ohio Rocks the Hut

I have to agree that Bostom is a great rider, not sure I'd say he is the best in AMA racing. Although he is doing very well, on equipment that most would agree is not as good as his competitors (especially in Superbike).

But I think you may be confused about something, I would be very suprised if Bostrom was running in any of the 750 Supersport action. He doesn't compete in that series, and would not have a reason to be out there (except for extra track time). He did ride in 600SS and Superbike.

Sorry I just checked the practice times, and he was out there for 750SS, in practice on a 750cc Kawi. He must have just been getting some extra track time. That is strange.

Glad you enjoyed your time at the track, but if you were only there for Friday's action, then you missed all the racing on Saturday and Sunday, which is really what its all about.

MoMo 07-23-2001 07:29 AM

right

yeah, i missed out on the races. practice was still cool.

Bostrom even put in some laps in the Formula Xtreme practice.

NickdaBrick 07-23-2001 09:19 AM

Are you guys SURE Hayden won the whole thing?

eric_oaks 07-23-2001 05:12 PM

I agree. I saw him at the airport and he was just hanging out in a t-shirt and board shorts. Very Cali.

A team Suzuki guy was with him and his buds. I could have easily approached him for an autograph. A couple of girls recognized him and he was very cool.

We'll see him in World Superbike soon, yes?

Sparky 07-24-2001 01:14 AM

Seems to me that any American rider that has gained huge fan support, is great for the sport of motorcycling. Not only Hayden but look at the Bostrom brothers. They're great on camera, the girls love 'em, sponsors like 'em even better.

so whether or not Nicky is great may not matter. He's still bringing alot to biking in the USA.

MoMo 07-24-2001 01:16 AM

I'd like to see Mladin get his arse over to WSBK where he'd get to see he's not the high & mighty king he must feel he is.

I'd like to see Eric B. stick around at least long enough to win the 750 SBK title. Most likely he'll win the 600 SS this year, but, well, you know it's just not the same.