Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Daytona 2008

The wife and I enjoyed the road racing and flat track racing at Daytona this year. We never planned on attending the Supercross and we're glad we didn't go as the weather turned it into a mudbath.

Picked up sweet deals on a leather jacket and a backpack.

Did anyone else take in the action?
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #2
pplassm
Founding Member

Only on TV. I stopped going 5 years ago.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Small crowd at the track. Hopefully the new group does a better job of promoting the racing and gets more fan support.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRWolf View Post
Small crowd at the track. Hopefully the new group does a better job of promoting the racing and gets more fan support.
It's a blessing and a curse. When no one goes you can see all the racing. The problem is that the racing won't be there much longer with attendance that bad.

I've been to several Superbike races. Funny how the sportbike guys don't support their sport.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:02 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Maybe.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
It's a blessing and a curse. When no one goes you can see all the racing. The problem is that the racing won't be there much longer with attendance that bad.

I've been to several Superbike races. Funny how the sportbike guys don't support their sport.
... but I can't really blame them. Watching grass grow is about as entertaining as AMA SBK. Looks like a parade. And what's with stopping the race for 20 minutes whenever Mladin falls down?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:35 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Flattrack is where it's at boys. Exciting racing, enthusiastic crowds, cheap tickets. Never been to a road race. Maybe I will get up to Road America this year to see what the excitement isn't about.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:14 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Damm you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Flattrack is where it's at boys. Exciting racing, enthusiastic crowds, cheap tickets. Never been to a road race. Maybe I will get up to Road America this year to see what the excitement isn't about.
There aren't any flattrack venues within a reasonable distance. I used to go to Ascot but it was torn down in the 70's. Closest races are in Tuscon or Billings. Unless they bring it to Bonneville Raceway or Millers then I'm stuck with the AMA SBK series. Maybe they'll bring the new V-twin series some year. 'Til then forget it.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Hell Millers could support a track there. Rag their asses to get one built. Seems like flattrack is mainly a Midwest thing these days.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Sadly, the Del Mar Mile is no longer.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Sadly, the Del Mar Mile is no longer.
In other news Aprilia trounces everyone else at Daytona... especially the overhyped HP2. BMW engages in backbreaking logic twisting to explain how happy they are at being losers.