Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 07-03-2001, 07:51 AM   #1
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Mathers named AMA Pro Racing Road Race Operations Manage

Hopefully the AMA Pro Road Racing operation will get much better with this change. As the release states, Mather has an impressive resume, primarily as a team manager for a couple of the large factory teams. He's also an ex-racer, and has the respect of most of the people (teams, riders, promoters, etc) involved in AMA Pro road racing.

They're going to give him baptism by fire throwing him into the Laguna Seca combined WSC and AMA racing this coming weekend. Quite a big logistics headache, including working with the FIM officials, and the 2 distinct riding series.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2001, 11:54 AM   #2
bluedot
Founding Member

A definate step in the right direction.

Bye Bye Vanderslice .... don't let the door hit ya in the ass on yor way out.
bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 06:14 PM   #3
BammBamm
Founding Member

Good luck Beave, we're watching and hoping.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 03:48 AM   #4
unpaved313
Founding Member

I can't help but believe the debacle at Loudon was the last straw for Vanderslice. Although the AMA will never admit it, the V-man's heavy-handed rule, often at the expense of reason or rider safety, has finally come back to him and put him right where he deserves: in the bleachers. Paying for his seat, I would hope.

I think we should all especially thank John Ulrich for putting (and keeping) the pressure on for Vanderslice's removal.

As far as getting Gary Mathers to run the series, WOW! Could there be a better choice? I don't think so. The AMA Superbike series has just gone from a dying also-ran to what could become an excellent series with one (key) personnel replacement. YAHOOOOOOOO!
Old 07-04-2001, 06:32 AM   #5
Chester
Founding Member

And Gary Mathers as the Beaver.....I think its great that we are getting a silver screen legend like this as head of AMA Racing, its going to do wonders for the sport.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote