Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 06-19-2001, 01:53 PM   #1
greatoldbikes
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Fines Mladin Five Gee

What the hell is this guy thinking? Say you're glad to be there, the opposition is tough and God-willing you won the race because you had a good day. THEN air all your complaints and peeves. C'mon Mladin, get it straight.

GOB

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2001, 02:20 PM   #2
apriliadon
Founding Member

Default How is the ZX7 competitive?

Don't get me wrong, I have always liked Kawasakis (my first bike). But how is a bike that old still capable of winning races?

I would love to see Ben on a faster bike!
apriliadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 03:09 PM   #3
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Re: How is the ZX7 competitive?

Ben is already on a fast bike, but I think he is in WORLD super bike racing.... Eric rides for Kawasaki in AMA. If you think the Kawasaki is slow....well then give the rider some credit.
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 04:46 PM   #4
gixxer
Founding Member

Default Re: How is the ZX7 competitive?

I think ZX-7R forms a good basis for a superbike.. (strong frame, etc..) The engine has been developed over the year. But as a street bike, it is too heavy. For in the superbike racing, a lot of the stuff are taken off or replaced with the lighter components. So it is quite different from a street going ZX-7R.

I think the superbike transformation narrows the gap between say, ZX-7R and GSX-R. Since they both have to meet the minimum weight.
gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 05:02 PM   #5
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Well it's about time M.O. puts this on there web site. I heard about the fine this morning. Can you guys speed up a little here? You guys are always last when it comes time to post this stuff like this. Mladin is fast as hell on a bike but he is one dump ass. It was funny how Mladin was talk sh!t about Bostrom and then he gets beat by him. That had to make him feel like a real dumb ass. M.O. whatÂ’s up with your site? It takes forever for me to get on it. You guys need a new server. They are always jacken your site up.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 06:47 PM   #6
elitegroup
Founding Member

Default Mladin isn't he so gracious????

HA HA HA!! read my comments in the "LUCKY MLADIN" article from last week. You'll understand why this does not surprize me what so ever. I have a feeling that the User "BBD_RACING" will be able to explain Mat Mladins gracious behavior to all of us though. Mat will never change and he was only overly nice for the cameras at elkhart lake because something was really funky about that red flag jamie hacking gave him as a gift. Keep it up Mat HA HA HA!! your doing exactly as I predicted you would.
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 09:17 PM   #7
BammBamm
Founding Member

The AMA sucks. Mladin can say anything he wants to, this is supposed to be a free country. I hope Mladin gets out of here and goes to World Superbike next year instead of wasting his talents in this God forsaken hellhole.

Mladin should answer the rest of the questions this year at press conferences by saying, "I have nothing to say." Since he is going to win the championship again, that will ruin the AMA happy shiny PR machine.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 01:28 AM   #8
MoMo
Founding Member

What'd he say? "Foul language" leaves a little up to the imagination. Did he say the "F" word? Is his mother going to wash his mouth out with soap?

Heaven forbid someone exercise their 1'st amendment right to free speech. I think this is a bunch of crap.
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 02:28 AM   #9
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Check out the report on www.amasuperbike.com... it was all reported there for the most part. I don't think they edited much if anything out.

I don't have an opinion on Mat as a person one way or the other... I don't know him and have never met him, so I don't feel qualified to say "he's a jerk" or "he's a great guy".

My only angle would be to evaluate what his complaints were about the track since the guy is a damned good racer; he probably does know quite a bit about assessing a track's safety. If the two-time defending champ of the series says the track is un-safe, and others tend to agree (while hemming and hawing, granted), then MAYBE something really is wrong!

As to whether improvements have been made, that is very easy to verify. If the track has lied about improvements, then perhaps the AMA should fine them (or of course, since that's not possible in a literal sense, they should take some kind of action to penalize the track).

I don't know how many of us would go to work every day if there was all of the sudden a greater than normal risk of serious injury or worse. "Greater than normal risk" is a very subjective term, yes, but I think we know what that means.

I don't necessarily agree with the profanity-laced tirade (kids may have heard it, and like it or not, kids look up to these guys as heros)... BUT, I certainly support the guy's right to free speech and the ability to air his professional grievances when his life/limb is at stake.

my $0.02
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 04:03 AM   #10
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: Mladin isn

Explaining Mat is one thing, explaining your total lack of grammatical skills is another. did you ever make it out of 8th grade?
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote