Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 06-21-2001, 08:58 AM   #51
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Fines Mladin Five Gee

I think the key to the fine is Mladin openly bad mouthed AMA officials, the racer promoter (or track owner) and his competitors when he was asked a question, compounded by the fact that he used profanity.

Mladin is one of the biggest whiners in this series, and often does it openly. Whether that is right or not I won't argue the point. But for the 2 time defending champion to complain so much is just unreal. At every chance he complains about the racing in the AMA, yet he's still here competing. If its so bad let him go to WSC or GP, where he probably would be lucky to finish in the top 5.

Its like he's so great now that he thinks he's the one running the AMA Superbike series.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2001, 09:05 AM   #52
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: It needed saying

A slightly biased opinion based on the fact that you were a spectator and wanted your money's worth. I think safety should be a primary concern, not satisfying the promoters or the fans (that's NASCAR's style).

You make some good points, but nobody is going to pay you a factory riders salary if you don't have the skill. This is their career, and they don't want to needlessly end it because it is an unsafe track.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 04:45 PM   #53
Colorado_F4
Registered Member

Umm... he didn't win the race...
Colorado_F4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 05:04 PM   #54
Colorado_F4
Registered Member

Default What Mladin Said...

http://www.amasuperbike.com/mladin_has_his_say.htm

MO, you guys should give us the full scoop if you want us to pay for the site. We shouldn't have to search on other web pages to find out what the guy said.
Colorado_F4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 04:34 AM   #55
das
Founding Member

Default Re: God forsaken hellhole!?!

BammBamm,

That's cool.

I honestly don't know enough detail about the AMA's history of actions, especially regarding their interactions with other race series, to comment intelligently, so I'll take your word on that.

Based on what I've read about this particular incident, there seems to be little doubt that the AMA is in serious need of an attitude adjustment when it comes to riders and rider safety. No argument there.

I still don't agree with you on the subject of penalizing people for things that they say, but that's ok.

Keep the shiny side up.

- das
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 12:26 PM   #56
metal
Founding Member

Default Mladin is not the one out of line

This is absolutely ridiculous. If this transcript is anything close to what transpired, he had every right to respond the way he did. Meade kept trying to shut him up and then even had the audasity to say, "But it's the same thing. There's an accelerator and a brake on the bike, and you go as fast as you can." about Mladin's comment on bikes getting too fast for the track. I can't believe they are being so in-your-face about it. They are obviously bogged down in their beurocratic crap.
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 05:04 AM   #57
hindle
Founding Member

It doesn't matter if you like Mladin or not. He is the two time defending champ and if he continues the way he is now it will be three next year.

That said he and his team must know something about what they are doing. He has valid concerns and at the minium the AMA should look into them versus blowing smoke out their arse.

It seems as though he is not alone in his feelings it just happens to be that he is the only one consistantly voicing those opinions.

I have to admit I would be pissed as well if people were publishing mis quotes and untrue statements. Along with saying things like millions have been poured into the course to make it better and safer then to go out on the bike and see that not a damn thing has changed would flat out right piss me off. Mladin is obviously not alone either.

So I ask why is everyone on his case. People should be applauding his actions. He is standing up for what he believes in. I tell you this, one day the AMA will wake up and one day tracks like Loudon will be much improved and everyone will forget it was Mladin and his constant complaining and so called whining that made it happen. Granted his is not the first and won't be the last but I can't remember the last time someone took on the AMA in such a manner.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 11:03 AM   #58
hubsmp
Founding Member

BONGTOKER,

You are an idiot. Stop toking your bong, quit your job at McDonalds and enroll in grade school. If you don't like M.O. then quit reading it. Or should I say having and educated person read it to you. You can use the internet to look at the pretty pictures, but don't pollute it.
hubsmp is offline   Reply With Quote