Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   AMA Fines Mladin Five Gee (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/687-ama-fines-mladin-five-gee.html)

BammBamm 06-20-2001 02:01 PM

Re: God forsaken hellhole!?!

Who are the "we" you are referring to?

BammBamm 06-20-2001 02:14 PM

I agree with you that part of the cost of freedom is tolerance. That is part of my problem with AMA racing.

As far as I can tell, there are no consequences caused by Mladin's comments. He is a racer, and therefore much more qualified to state accurate opinions of race tracks and the group that runs the AMA races in this country. The AMA's actions against Mladin are cencorship and nothing more. Knee-jerk reactions to language and smacking down anyone that appears to insult the great AMA is not an example I can endorse.

I will be the first to compliment the AMA when they start addressing the numerous issues constantly raised by the racers, as well as the fans, but that is not how they appear to work. The recent ridiculous scuffle with Edmonson is a prime example.

The only way to change is through complaints, and response, and I am afraid that the AMA stopped responding to concerns long ago, and have fallen into the great American tradition of insulting and sanctioning anyone that disagrees with their decree.

BammBamm 06-20-2001 02:31 PM

I would also refer you to the post by "hawker" under wild weekend at Loudon. It states;

"I joined the AMA to support motorcycling, and motorcycle racing. The more I hear about the AMA's daily goings-on, the more iastounding it is that the AMA is able to maintain this facade.

The AMA's behaviour at Loudon last weekend, its dealings with Edmondson and Dan Lance (whom they hired as a safety professional, then attempted to banish from AMA events when he pointed out that they were not living up to their obligations to provide safe racing conditions), and the continuing saga of the airfence (where is it?) leave little doubt in my mind that the AMA doesn't give a about racers or racer safety.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to withdraw my membership, but i'm not going to shut up either.

The AMA, and VanDerSlice, can't keep this up in the face of public scrutiny and outcry - so if you care about Eric Bostrom, Nicky Hayden, and all the other racers out there, you owe it to them to go check out the Breaking News section at RoadRacing World and read about their shennanigans:

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/index.html

My favorite is "They don't run the ama, we do, and it's us against them" Vanderslice quote when talking about racers who wanted practice laps before racing on the wet track in Loudon.

If they have this blatant a disregard for the safety of their top pro's, how careful do you think they'll be with your safety at the next amateur AMA event?"

BammBamm 06-20-2001 03:55 PM

Re: AMA Fines Mladin Five Gee

Obviously Meade has never raced a motorcycle. What an as*.

gixerlogan 06-20-2001 03:57 PM

Couldn't agree with you more.

And I think I speak for 99.9% of us riders.

Who the hell is running AMA?

GAD, this really pisses me off!!!

P.S. Meade should stick to commenting for NASCAR races. In other words, when it comes to AMA, he is like a cow freefalling with a parachute (just use your immagination).

BammBamm 06-20-2001 04:00 PM

Why wasn't Bostrom fined for the 600 boycott? Because he didn't say sh*t?

gixerlogan 06-20-2001 04:01 PM

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

BUUUUYAAAA!!!

You hit it right on the spot!

I hope that at least some old crusty AMA official will have the COJONES to read these comments on this web site.

gixerlogan 06-20-2001 04:05 PM

OUCH!!!!

I second that.

And furthermore, I believe that we should have more motorcyle race coverages and get rid of some of those monotonous NASCAR RACING!!!

gixerlogan 06-20-2001 04:12 PM

So if I go to one of them AMA races and pull out a banner that says:

"Mat Mladin is the !!!"

Is the AMA going to fine me?

I know is a silly comment, but it would be nice if we could show to races from now on with such banners so we can drive our point.

Next stop.... LAGUNA SECA!!!!! YESSSSS....

gixerlogan 06-20-2001 04:15 PM

I guess the word "SHHHH!TTT" got ommited by MO's fredom of speech automated program.

He, he...