Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 05-07-2001, 04:26 PM   #21
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Gobie on top at Sears

Make sure you respond in the Poll on the news.mo homepage...
minime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2001, 04:33 PM   #22
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Somebody won at Sears

Um, it wasn't that significant, actually. He was _only_ the first Yamaha rider to win Supersport and Superbike races in the same day.

-- Minime the Reporter
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 04:39 PM   #23
irwc1
Founding Member

1. Thank you, Mr. Gobert, for bringing some life back to this party. God can you imagine the fun is Ru$$ell were here!

2. Is there any doubt that the air fence saved Aaron from major injury or even death in the SS race? Note to AMA: buy some more of those!

3. Did the commentators and producers at Speedvision do a complete hack job on the SS race or what. They never even mentioned the source of the Red flag.

Nice job with the on-boards in the SB race, though.

My $0.02 (where the hell is the cent sign?)

Chris
irwc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 04:47 PM   #24
wickdgsxr
Founding Member

MO did you have anyone working in the media center? I don't think I got to meet any of you guys. I have some photo's posted at rumblestrip.net (not a plug but..) and Tim has some good ones on amasuperbike.com. Who's going to Road Atlanta??
wickdgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 08:59 PM   #25
da_burg
Founding Member

Default Re: Minime

Minime you are truly the all-knowing god of motorcycling. Just strike down these squids.
da_burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:11 PM   #26
BammBamm
Founding Member

Gobert won the second race of the year, and isn't even in the top five? AMA points structure sucks.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 08:09 AM   #27
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: A dissenting Opinion

But the headline can say Sears Points Superbike race results, but doesn't have to say who won. Are you saying you would read the story based on who won?

I have to agree with most of the others (I was one of the people complaining a lot in the past). I did stay away from reading any of the MC sites until I watched the races, because I feared having it spoiled for me.

Now we just need to work on the announcers. I saw the Superbike race on Speedvision Sunday, but didn't see the 600 until yesterday. Since they told me about Yates crash in the Superbike race, I already knew he wasn't going to win, and would crash out of the lead in the 600 race at some point. Kind of ruined the ending.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 08:12 AM   #28
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Buying A VR-1000

Yep, Carey Andrew in 98 I believe. Nicky Hayden and Jason Pridmore were racing for his Suzuki team at the time, and they lost a result or two, and he couldn't be in the pit for several races.

But what does that have to do with the VR1000?

I think those were homologated outside the US (special rules for H-D I guess), and only 1 year. But for most racing, one year is all you need, as long as the basic bike doesn't change.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 12:14 PM   #29
das
Founding Member

Yeah, I know Miguel's done it several times for Honda.

I kinda remember hearing that each of the 3 times he's won the Daytona 200, he also won the 600 SS Daytona race that weekend. Given that he won the Daytona SS 600 race this year, he was hoping for a four-peat of that double. Didn't happen, but it put's this Yamaha double in perspective.
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 12:22 PM   #30
das
Founding Member

In HMTL, the cent sign is ampersand "cent" semicolon, or ampersand hash 162 semicolon. Not sure if MO postings allow HTML special characters. Let's see...

2¢ (2&cent

2¢ (2&#162

Dave
das is offline   Reply With Quote