Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 05-07-2001, 08:37 AM   #11
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Polska, polska!

They sold the streetbikes in Poland in '94 or '95, I know. Do they have to do it every year? Or just once?

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2001, 08:57 AM   #12
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: A dissenting Opinion

There are a few differences:

Most of us in the USA won't see any of these races on TV until Tuesday.

We read MO not just for racing results, but for other news as well.

Therefore, putting the names of the winners right there on the news page days before our first opportunity to watch the race is quite a spoiler.

It would be like if you were going to Weather.com to see what the forecast is for your area, and right between the Tuesday forecast and the Wednesday forecast was a description of the surprise ending of the movie you haven't seen yet. You weren't reading the web site for movie plot spoilers, but there it was: Then you wouldn't have as much fun watching the movie.

The same doesn't apply to other sports like football or hockey, because generally you can watch that stuff on TV live.

Don't feel bad for misunderstanding the situation.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 10:03 AM   #13
mike_w
Founding Member

Banda,

Thanks for trying to explain. I understand your position, but, still think it's a little absurd (no offense intended). Perhaps you should stay off site till you see the race. From my perspective, headlines that actually contain information are a good thing. They help me decide if I'm going to read further.

AT the end of the day, it's not an issue I'm willing to die for, so, have it your way if that's the majority opinion.

Mike
mike_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 10:05 AM   #14
moose
Founding Member

Default Re: Polska, polska!

that's what i've heard, the vr1000 was homologated in Poland. might as well homologate it on Mars. that's a pile of dung, again.

after the AMA bent the rules for harley once more, the least they could have done to justify that was do well. but ....
moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 10:09 AM   #15
moose
Founding Member

Default Re: Buying A VR-1000

actually i do not want one. it just keeps reminding me of the last incident i remember, when Hyper Cycle's owner/crew chief was banned from even being around the race tracks a few years back, when a post-race tear down revealed that he had modified his ss bikes beyond the rules, & his riders were disqualified as a result, if my memory serves me right.
moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 10:24 AM   #16
Millencolin
Founding Member

I don't think it's absurd to not want the race spoiled for you. Some of the MO staff are making a joke of the headline and lead paragraph in the stories when they try not to reveal the results. If they took a slightly more proffesional approach to this they could have headlines and intro paragraphs that are interesting without revealing the results.

I come to this site several times each day and i often do not want to know the race results because i usually don't get to see the race untill a few days after it happens. However, I still like to come to this site to read other news from moto-land.

Please MO, don't post spoilers on the front page, but you don't have to be rediculous about it either.

--Brent's Mom ; )

P.S.-why does it say welcome mo user millencolin at the top of my screen, and yet this message says anonymous squid when i preview it?
Millencolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:34 AM   #17
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Gobie on top at Sears

It was a great race, even though it was only two guys dicing. Too bad Nicky couldn't keep the front end down when he squared off that last corner. As for telemetry, it seemed to be lagging because matt would be well out of the corner before the brake light went off and the rpms went up. Besides that I was very surprised (by the new tech for telemetry on tv to viewers) and enjoyed that first lap multi-bike view of the race. I Liked that better than WSB and GP setups.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:36 AM   #18
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Default Re: Gobie on top at Sears

Thanks M.O. for the changes. Lets try to keep this way.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:37 AM   #19
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Gobert must be that good.

I think Tommy may be doing an Eric Bostrom and losing his confidence (started after tommy crashed in 99) while his brother is showing off. Maybe he will started sliding the bike in and out of corners like he used to on the 600. In the end, he is probably not as good as Gobert but when he and Nicky went at it in 99 all season long it was beautiful.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 03:03 PM   #20
Haga
Founding Member

Default Re: Somebody won at Sears

Hey, while you guys are acting like morons over this not putting the race winner's name in the article's title thing, you failed to mention Anthony Gobert was the first person ever to win the Superbike and Supersport events on the same race weekend. Way to work those reporting skills.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote