Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   AMA Racing on TV This Weekend and Beyond (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/4510-ama-racing-tv-weekend-beyond.html)

egb 05-18-2007 11:55 AM

Re: AMA Racing on TV This Weekend and Beyond

Very cool. Wish they would come to the midwest.

ymsamhi 05-18-2007 12:05 PM

AMA superbike

June 1-3 Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI

(Superbike Doubleheader)

AMA Suzuki Superbike Doubleheader 1.800.365.RACE

August 3-5 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, OH

Honda Super Cycle Weekend, presented by Dunlop Tires

(Superbike Doubleheader) 1.800.MID.OHIO

longride 05-18-2007 01:38 PM

Springfield is next weekend. Get out there and see some real racing.

acecycleins 05-18-2007 02:22 PM

Speed is run by a bunch of jackasses that couldn't program a VCR!

They should be running all AMA events Live!

They should run MOST of the GP Events Live, as well. Think about it. Most of the Euro rounds are only 5-8 hours ahead of us. If they grid at 3pm (like most racing) then the US EST clock is only 9am- maybe as early as 7am. Outside of Phillip Island, China, and the Japan rounds you could most certainly run a live broadcast..

Back to AMA- If they run Sunday live in almost every case the grid hits at 3pm. Even on that schedule the latest the East Coast time would be 6pm.

You can't tell me that the "programming" that happens on Speed over the weekend is SO good that they couldn't air an AMA event live.

H3LL!, The Nascar junkies wouldn't have to worry. They don't start programming that stuff until after 11am anyway. And it's over to Broadcast TV by 12pm after that.

Speed- you better step up or we'll start a movement to get the new owners of MO to start working on "pay-for live webcast" via subscription and cut you guys out entirely.

YOU HEAR ME "NEW MR EDITOR"! and the rest of you goofballs ;-)

obandoj 05-18-2007 02:24 PM

I like the new direction we are taking. We are giving racing some attention, yeah!

obandoj 05-18-2007 02:26 PM

Keep up the good work Kevin.

ksquid 05-18-2007 02:28 PM

Yep longride will be out there. Look for car with a trailer parked a little ways outside of town..

12er 05-18-2007 05:26 PM

Ah the smell of race gas, cant wait to get the fumes into my lungs this weekend. See ya'll on turn 8.

Schoon 05-18-2007 05:44 PM

i've got a bud who sez i need to go, an i'm try to get of of call. I am planing to make peoria, davenport, and west liberty. Still, look for bikes with iowa plates and it may be us, "thunderace, guzzi quota, fjr or a bunch of xs 650s, if not have fun and have one for me!

ymsamhi 05-18-2007 11:10 PM

I was shocked to see info about racing on this "news" site. Lets keep it up! As a response to the Speed TV coments, I have the online subscription for MotoGP and World SBK and I would recommend it for any race fan with a high speed connection.