Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Doctors Predict Full Recovery for Scott Russell (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/431-doctors-predict-full-recovery-for-scott-russell.html)

Patrick-of-the-Hills 03-20-2001 08:24 AM

Re: Doctors Predict Full Recovery for Scott Russell

Full recovery? Yaaay!

Immobilized for five days? Gah. That's no fun at all. Keep the sedatives close at hand, I guess. Impatient, indeed, but it'll be worth it.

SeanAlexander 03-20-2001 10:38 AM

What a relief! I watched the race live, from my motorhome in the pits at Firebird Intl in Phoenix. I had just won my first CCS race. Needless to say the incident put a damper on my celebration. All of us were quite concerned that this was a fatal accident. The replays hardly looked survivable. Right after they resumed racing (for the third time) at Daytona, an expert and amateur got into a bad crash at Firebird. The Expert had to be airlifted out (He's ok now, from what I've heard) Between Daytona's and our own red-flags, the mood in the pits was pretty somber. The whole tone of the weekend changed. I sincerely hope the worst is behind us now (both AMA and CCS) Good luck Scott Russell. Good luck to my fellow racers.

x1lightening 03-20-2001 10:40 AM

What an uplifting note for all of us concerned motorcycle fans. Just prooves what a good modern medical team can do along with strong personal spirit! I only hope that we will have the opportunity to see a this great racer do what he does best again! With the tenacity that Russell has shown throughout his career, I wouldn't be suprised to see him the field again next year at Daytona!

TK57 03-20-2001 03:37 PM

It is great news, indeed! I was hoping Scott wouldn't retire because of this accident. Get well soon, Scott!

Go Ducati!

Go "Screaming Chief"!

elitegroup 03-20-2001 03:48 PM

Why do people insist on doing this? Come on sean this isn't about you winning your first CCS race. Not to mention the fact that you race in a class with 4 people and 1 of them is a girl named melissa HA HA HA! Well great news about scott I hope he gets back in the saddle soon. Maybe it's a Simi valley thing to throw ones own glory in with anothers defeat? See you at firebird Mr. singles.

Haga 03-20-2001 05:07 PM

Insist on doing what? Congrats to Sean on winning his first race!! Maybe instead of bashing folks for being a bit proud(and rightly so) and sharing their thoughts, you should quit posting until you have something decent to share with the world.

TheKid 03-20-2001 06:10 PM

Why'd He need Skin Grafts?

djGSXR 03-21-2001 06:52 AM

This just in.... Scott has been moved to a hospital in Atlanta due to flooding of the hospital in Daytona from heavy rainfall. He will be attended by the same Doctor that repaired his jaw/cheek after last year's 'incident'

Get better soon, Scott.

SeanAlexander 03-21-2001 07:13 AM

Thanks Nori :-)

SeanAlexander 03-21-2001 07:17 AM

You obviously weren't at Firebird last week, because you don't have an accurate account of the goings on. Perhaps you were thinking of the streets of Willow, last month? If you WERE in my pits you WOULD have known that all of the talk and attention was aimed at Scott Russell and the Accident at Firebird.